Monday, October 5, 2015

The weekend Joaquin visited....

This past weekend was a yucky one.  We had a lot of rain but not near the amount that fell in the other Carolina.  Keep those folks in your thoughts and prayers as they begin the dry out and clean up.

I feel like we really got our October on y'all.

Saturday morning the kids went off to breakfast with "Papa" (the name for my mom's husband).  The hubs and I decided to bust out of the house.  We hit up a couple of consignment furniture stores (yes, we need more furniture) and also got our Starbucks on.



By the way, I'm not a huge PSL fan but I opted for one that morning.  Oh my god of coffee!  They taste so much better than they did a couple years ago when I got them regularly during the fall.

No kids means more fun in stores.  We went by Rugged Warehouse.  That place is a total hit or miss for me.  I also only tend to go there in the fall/winter.  This trip was a miss.  My husband was able to score some Carhart pants (he loves them) for $24.  Whoa, major deal.  Then he commenced to wear them all.weekend.long.



I lucked up and got a great pumpkin donation to my daughter's school from some folks in our community.  Unfortunately, I had the wrong classroom count and was two short in the donation.  The hubs and I went to Harris Teeter and picked up two more pumpkins plus one for us to carve.  Can I tell you that Harris Teeter has the prettiest, biggest pumpkins?  Yes, they do.  If you are in the HT market go get yours there.



In honor of our upcoming trip to Asheville (love that place).  We picked up a bottle of Biltmore Pinot Grigio.  I hadn't realized that in all these years of drinking the fermented grape I had never tried any Biltmore wine!  And to be honest....I still haven't.  I'm just a cabernet girl so I drank my non Biltmore Cabernet.



Ohhh and speaking of Biltmore and Asheville - the trip is officially finalized.  YAY!  I'm not wishing away October but I am ready.



Saturday night was super low key.  We had plans to go to a friend's birthday party but we had to cancel.  You can't have your babysitter out when the weather is questionable so we opted to stay in with the kids.  Potato soup, brownies with icing, cabernet, pumpkin carving, and Monster's Inc.

Yeah it makes me giggle....so prim and proper but the American has to throw some lip.

After the kids went to bed?  Downton Abbey...I am now in Season 2.  Trish, thanks for giving me the nod to stick with it.  I love it.



Sunday, funday.  Church and then a Target trip!  Kids Halloween costumes were BOGO!  I have a Marshall from Paw Patrol now and a little red devil.

Here's to October!\

Have you visited the Facebook page?  Click here to do so!
Giveaway coming in early November!







3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love consignment shops, but agree that they can definitely be hit or miss. Plus, you just inspired me to go pick up some pumpkins! I haven't carved one in forever. :)

    xoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're all doing OK. The flooding there has certainly been making the news over here. If it's of interest, the SES here has some good flood preparation resources incluidng for children - the website is http://www.ses.vic.gov.au/get-ready/floodsafe

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!