Thursday, October 29, 2015

The 34th List

Alright, admitting:  In a few days I will be 34 years old.

You know I never really thought about my age before.  It was always just a bogus and blonde sounding, "Yeah I'm (insert number here)!"  And then I moved on.

This year I'm thinking - 34?

Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked to be turning this age and I pray that it is a great year.  I also pray I have many, many more birthdays to enjoy.  However, I'm at this weird point where I feel like I'm in an age "purgatory" - my twenties, um where did they go?  Forties ahead.  What?  Why is that only six years away?

Then I think:  I spent 18 years wanting to be older, I got it.  Now I'm on number 34 wondering why getting older is the fastest phase I have been through.

Even my birthday "wish list" is getting older...

A snap shot at what I would love to go out and get for my birthday - cue the Kleenex.

1.  Good bake ware.



That is the Williams & Sonoma Traditional Finish Bake Ware set.  That is making my heart go crazy.  I know that sounds weird.  I don't care.  We're approaching that time of year when I bake like a crazy woman so it would be nice to have some proper bake ware.  I have my old school Wilton - and I love it - but it is showing its age now and well a girl likes pretty things.

2.  A can opener.


Y'all just put me on your prayer lists didn't you?  I know, I sound insane telling you I want a can opener for my birthday.  34, look at what you have made me!  Here's the deal I have a can opener that has been broken for two years and I still use that bad boy.  This would be a delicacy up in my kitchen. Bahaha.

3.  

Yeah a slow cooker.  The one I decided to show you is like the Cadillac of slow cookers.  It has all these cool settings and can do stuff that means a human is really no longer necessary to even touch it.  Fabulous.  Oh my gracious...I just called a piece of kitchen science fabulous...bless it!

4.  

Yes, I'm an old geezer.  I want the blanket you gave your grandma to cuddle with last year.  I don't know exactly why I'm craving a plush blanket so badly - but I am.  When I see them in stores I'm drawn to them and envision coffee, Downton Abbey, and my blankie.  Oh man, let's move on.

5.  Michael Kors


I have been on the hunt for a new fragrance and this just captivated me.  I love it so much.  This gets me some "not an old lady yet" points, right?

6.  Earrings, hell just jewelry!

10k Rose Gold Halo Earrings with Morganite and  Diamonds (1/10cttw, I-J Color, I2-I3 Clarity)
These kind of melted my heart...they are topaz, my birth stone.  I just really love jewelry (costume and the real deal) and so any jewelry makes me super duper happy.  I think it makes us all a little super duper happy.  Ageless.

7.  Music
25

That girl.  Dayum, am I glad she's back.  I wondered if she would ever come back after having her baby.  Yes, that is Adele.  Of course to get her music I would have to have a car that has the adapter for my phone.  Oh who cares.  I want it.  Am I redeeming my old self now?

8.  I need these, for realz.

Women's Black NC State Wolfpack Coastal Aztec Long Sleeve T-ShirtNC State Wolfpack Women's Year Round Pullover Hoodie - Red

My Pack wear is very low.  I need to buff it back up.  (via ncstateshoppe)  I cannot be wearing t-shirts that say - Geritol.


Alrighty, I get it.  I am old.  My wish list has evolved into cooking products and sleeves.  

What are you wishing for this birthday or holiday season?  Share it!








10 comments:

  1. Military Husband bought me that slow cooker this year on Valentine's Day! I LOVE IT!! I know, I KNOW Valentine's Day...but it was what I asked for. You totally should get one.
    Happy 34th...you really are in the best years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Except for the can opener...I didn't even think they still made those lol! Happy almost birthday! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. My answer is always jewelery! Any and all kinds...I am infatuated with Alex and Ani right now! I hope your birthday is amazing! I am in my 40's and life just keeps getting better....30 is nothing! Just relax and enjoy!
    I am following you and you can follow me back at Annster's Domain if you want.
    Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so I asked for a Crock Pot Christmas 2009 (LOVE IT!), a Can Opener for Christmas 2012 (Pampered Chef did not disappoint!), received a Ceramic Frying Pan Christmas 2013, and asked for a Rolling Pin Christmas 2014 - and I was in my 20s for all of those! :) Totally with you on the cozy blanket! I ended up buying a Queen Sized plush blanket meant for a bed, as my cozy couch blanket. Happy almost Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, bring on 34! I hope the birthday fairy brings you everything on the list. I hate hand held can openers, they are just so annoying. We had an amazing one that was automatic and then it died, wah! Those earrings are gorgeous, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I must be old too because I was eyeing the cookware and slow cooker and thinking, "I need to put those on my Christmas list." Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous list!! Love the slow cooker...I think I need that one! And the MK scent...I'll have to try that!! Happy early birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally on board with those gift choices! I asked for a can opener for Christmas one year (Pampered Chef did not disappoint), a crock pot one year (still going strong), rolling pin last year. My favorite cozy blanket is Queen Sized and meant for a bed, but I don't care one bit because it offers the perfect coverage and warmth! Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo girl happy early birthday! I got 10 years on you sweetie, 44 and I got to say my 40s are even better than my 30's so you do have a lot to look forward to!!! ;-) Great, fun, and practical list, sounds very similar to my list too! I hope you have a most wonderful Halloween weekend sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm....I need to check out that slow cooker! Happy, happy birthday friend!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!