Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekend Recap (Fully Loaded)



I don't even feel like blogging but here I am.  The reason?  Well, I'm not sure other than I cannot nap right now and I don't feel like tackling that mountain of laundry in the other room. #honesty

The weekend was bittersweet.  Thursday was my husband's first day off (out of a four day weekend, yay!).  I had my hair trimmed and colored (still no pic, it will come).  Then I picked up the kids from daycare and school (early release) and all was well.

OK except for the fact my son had picked up a virus that another child had the opportunity to share. #childhoodisgross

We spent the afternoon running some errands and visiting the in-laws.

I made a huge dinner that night of baked Italian chicken, mashed potatoes, succotash, and croissants.  If that wasn't enough I also made some pumpkin pie bars. Yummy!

Little did I know it would be "the last meal" - eeek!

Friday was fun...



Well for about five hours.

We started off our day by dropping the dog off to be groomed.  I do not bathe my own dog, admitting!  No, I cannot do as good of a job as the techs at the vet so I just pay to have her groomed.  #truthofadogmom

While Chippy was rejuvenated the humans enjoyed the free spooky face pancakes at Ihop.  I love free.  Next we spent an hour in Goodwill putting together Halloween outfits for the adult part of the family.  My husband scored a 70s/80s western shirt and wig that fit together perfectly.  I found a bumblebee outfit for a large dog (kid you not) that I could turn into something for me. #resourcefulscorpioappears

After a stop at Harris Teeter for groceries we headed home.

The kids napped.

Later in the day I went to pick up the dog.  On my way home I started feeling really, really hungry.

When I got home I told my husband I was starving.

As soon as I said those words I became so freaking nauseous.  Let's just say I began a 10 hour vomit session from hell.



You know..the kind where you beg for mercy or death?  Just whichever one can come faster?

I was in bed at 5:30 and not out of bed until the next day around 11:30.  Then I was back in bed.

We had had these fun plans for Halloween.  My daughter was super excited.  Unfortunately, with my viral visitor we were out of the match.  The hubby talked to our friends to let them know I was pretty much in agony.  #totalletdownallaround

Being a mom means you put yourself on the back burner a minimum of a million times.  I decided I didn't want to totally ruin my kids' Halloween.  So I put on my big girl panties and.... I took a shower and caught one more nap.  My husband and I took our kids to trick or treat at a few family members homes.  As long as I was moving around I felt fine.  So we ventured to our little downtown area.

Picture over load is now in effect:


My little Marshall.  He was so excited.


In case you didn't know - our downtown is all about Halloween.  It doesn't disappoint.  Main Street is filled with historical (of no real significance) homes.  Many of them go all out for Halloween with loads of decoration and fun for the kids.

My babies had a blast for the hour we were there.



The only complaint I have about the evening were psycho "Christians" who were passing out "tracts" to kids about how celebrating Halloween leads to damnation.  I have some massive issues with uneducated, backwoods "believers" who are ignorant.  They need to keep their Duggar selves indoors and away from us "English".  The woman following us around looked like a reject from The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt's bunker. I wanted to tell her good costume and chill the hell out.  I mean seriously - take a hint from the United Methodists who were passing out candy or the Church of Christer's who had a whole tent of fun for kids.  For the love of the Lord, take a xanax, learn to read, and the mullet with denim look has been out for like ever.

Then the husband was barfing his brains out.



As of the writing of this post three family members have been attacked by the dear virus my son brought home and one is standing strong - my 8 year old.  I'm really praying that her school built immunity keeps it from affecting her but I have a feeling if it comes on it will be this afternoon or tomorrow.

Sunday brought November and that lovely Guns n Roses ballad, The Cold November Rain - a lot of rain.  I was feeling worlds better so I loaded up the babes for church.

K&W it is a Southern thig...


After communion I loaded up my babies and we took it to K&W (their pick, my appetite is dead).  While there an elderly lady was sitting a few seats away.  She was homeless.  She broke my heart.  At least 80 years old, shoes too big, a bag with all her life in it, eating a children's plate.  I tried to buy her meal but someone had beat me to it.  That led my daughter and I into a discussion of homelessness.



To an 8 year old it means you just have no money.  To a 33 year old it is a lot more than that.  We talked about being sick and having no one to take care of you (mental illness), we talked about being addicted to things that took your judgement away (drugs), and we talked about how spending what we don't have can lead to losing everything we do have (debt).

I have to admit...I was in tears teaching this life lesson to my child.

God stirs us - we just have to be smart enough to act.

Sunday afternoon was low key.  My son, who just overcame the tummy troubles, now sounded croupy.  My daughter picked up a bad attitude at children's church.  The husband was feeling a little better as we packed away the kid's TV and Barbies (sucks to be grounded).

Then KABOOM - the adults are down again with nausea and the wee one is so croupy he cannot sleep.

Well...hello Monday.













2 comments:

  1. Omg there's something BAD going around!! I hope you feel better.
    Also. Seriously on the religious pamphlets? Lol. Geez. Kids don't know any of that nonsense they just want candy. I think it's fine if they have a table set up if someone is interested but pushing dogma pisses me off. Take a hint from the Mormons; they kindly knock on your door and if you're not interested they say thank you have a nice day and leave. They don't preach hellfire. We have enough shit in this world to have anyone preaching damnation at us!! /end rant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - What a weekend!! Hope everyone is on the mend. Stomach viruses are THE worst!!

    Beckey
    http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com
    http://queenbsbusywork.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!