Friday, November 6, 2015

H54F: Birthday Edition


High Five!!!  It is Birthday FRIDAY!

Things I have learned in the last week of being 33...



1.  It is OK if you aren't sure what the hell you are doing on earth.

Because eventually you figure it out.  I have been so upset that my chosen field of work was and is a dud.  Now that I'm older than 22 I see that it is a lot to decide your path when you're that young.  For those of you who did it and love it ten, twenty years later kudos.  To those of us like me who have wrestled with what we're supposed to be doing --- it will come.  Trust me.



2.  People are strange.

Including the ones saying people are strange.  I learned so much this week about people I thought I "knew" and it makes me a wiser person.  Half the people we think we should be able to trust we cannot and 90% of the people we think we may know we do no really know nor do we really want to know.



3.  Life is sad without coffee.

I haven't been able to drink coffee since last Thursday and it is killing me.  Coffee is my crack.  I cannot wait to hold a magical cup of Starbucks very soon.



4.  My children could cure the fighting in the world.

I posted on Facebook that I knew why alligators ate their young.  This week has been a huge trial with my kids.  My son has been in this whiny three year old he is always right and I am always wrong phase.  Seriously - I cannot.  My daughter has been a debutante diva on a high horse this week.  Once again - I cannot.  I'm learning that being a mom to two kids who are very young is similar to opting for a space in the nut house.  I also feel that if the military knew of my children's capability to bring adults to their knees in mercy my children would be visiting the middle east, Africa, and parts of Asia very soon.  I do love them no matter how batty they make me and I know they love me too.



5.  Love makes it all better.

I feel like I ripped that from a Hallmark card.  If it wasn't for the love my husband gives me, my family gives me, and my best friend shows me in all our hilarious correspondence....I would be a lost and lonely soul.  I'm so thankful for all the love.  Everyone should be so lucky to have even an ounce of what I've been blessed with.







8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You're gonna rock this bitch!!! 35 is a great age and great year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love! But I hope 34 will be great first!!!!! xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. LOVE Michael Scott!! Happy birthday lady! Hope you have something awesome planned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the coffee! I never know what I am doing half the time either lol. Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!
    I am in the same boat, career wise. I don't know where I'm going...
    This is one of my favorite posts lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog and love it! You're a real person with a great sense of humor and you're not trying to make money blogging. Wonderful! You've gained a new reader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I love your list... even though I"m not a real adult yet because I don't drink coffee. What's wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmmm...first off.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOMAN!!! And secondly, I could have written this post!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!