Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Festive Bucket of List

Wednesdays are reserved for This Weekend in North Carolina.  Since it is a holiday weekend I am not posting the traditional NC post but our Christmas bucket list.  You'll notice it has a few awesome NC Christmas-esque events that you could fit into your calendar if you're local!



*Christmas Season Bucket List 2015*

McAddenville, North Carolina

Visit the Festival of Lights – We live incredibly close to the Tanglewood Festival of Lights, one of the largest Christmas lights shows in North Carolina.  I am not a huge fan of this event but I am a fan of the way it makes my children’s eyes light up.  Our son has never been so this year we’re going J

Visit Old Salem and participate in the candle light tour- Another very local to us attraction is OldSalem.  If you aren’t familiar with it then it is the settlement of the Moravians who formed the area of Salem many, many years prior to Winston joining Salem to become Winston-Salem (home of Wake Forest University, Krispy Kreme, Lowes Foods, the late Maya Angelou, and so much more businesses, arts, and people.)  I have been to Old Salem but never during the Christmas season.  I feel like my daughter would love this!

Visit McAddenville –  This may not happen.  So there is a tiny little town in North Carolina called McAddenville and they are known for their Christmas lights.  I think it would be super fun to grab dinner and drive or walk through.

Visit Santa –  We do this every year J I realize my years of my daughter “really believing” are super numbered so I want to take advantage of all the Santa pictures I can get!  Typically, we visit a dilapidated old mall in Statesville to see Santa Claus.  Maybe this year we’ll catch him elsewhere!

Go to a movie –  My daughter has been going to movies since she was barely two years old.  My son has yet to attend a movie in a theater.  With some great films on the horizon I’m thinking Christmas break, maybe after the Christmas holiday, would be a great time to go see The Good Dinosaur?  This could be a great date with my bestie and her boys! They have a cheap theater where they live.  A first time movie goer at the ripe age of three may need a cheaper ticket <wink>.

Host friends for a cookie swap- This could be code for drink wine, eat chocolate, and gab with friends.  It could also be code for a girl’s only event and we bake like Betty Crocker (and drink wine and gab.)  It could also mean we all hang out in the backyard around a fire and have a white elephant gift game go on.  I tell you I am full of ideas.

Have a craft date – Do I really need to say more?  This year I’m making gift baskets for gifts and I’m hoping to put some of the projects I have been working on in them.  A craft date would really help me out on this…(ahem, Ashley!)

Enjoy an adult’s only dinner out –  Every season my husband and I go out for dinner and then Christmas shop for the kids.  I love this tradition.  Maybe this year we could invite some other couples to join us for dinner, drinks and shopping?

Drive through our church’s nativity –  Last year our church started a live drive thru nativity that also spans the life of Jesus Christ.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn’t great and we missed it.  This year we will attend!


Make NYE plans & carry them out -  Since we have been married we have never done anything for NYE other than meet another couple out for dinner.  This year I would love to secure a sitter and actually do something fun.


Happy Thanksgiving, friends!  I wish you a safe and happy holiday weekend.  We'll see you in December! 

I am linked up with the ladies over at Tuesday Talk!

xoxoxo


6 comments:

  1. All of those sound fun!! I think the cookies swap idea is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping I can pull it together and make it a girl's only type of thing.

      Delete
  2. So much to do there! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahhh this place has TONS of Christmas/Holiday activities. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

      Delete
  3. I am posting my list tomorrow!! The cookie swap is on mine too, although I will be attending NOT hosting! I wish I could come to your swap!
    The festival of lights looks beautiful!!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my southern friend!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!