Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thankful 16-22


Resuming...

16 - A helpful family...I seriously do not see how people can live away from their families when they have small children.  With our chaotic schedule I really would be an epic life fail if I did not have the help of my mom, aunt, and step-mother-in-law with our kids.  I'm so incredibly grateful that my cards were stacked against the way I wanted them to fall and I'm close to my family for their amazing help with and love for our kids.

17 - Stupid books...The shallow reads that are super easy to fall into for a few minutes and escape the every day.

18 - Honey toast & hot green tea...My go to breakfast since we got back from Asheville.  Good honey makes your life better and hot green tea makes your life healthier so why not.  I like it in the morning before anyone is up and I can just sit and focus on what really matters and not stress out.

19 - Education...This is loaded so hold on.  I feel like I should say I'm grateful for a life where education was valued and I had ample help with the struggles (math) and was always pushed to go farther (though if not so stubborn I would have went a totally different way.)  As I get a little older I see more people who came from families that did not value education and I cringe.  Then I worry about them and the circle they are apart of.  Are they not valuing education for their offspring because of their nurturing?  It really worries me that we could be a society of more dimwits that did not have to be dimwits.  So with that being said I'm glad that my mom (and my dad at times) was a supporter of education and making sure I received a pretty good one!

20 - This working body...FYI you twenty somethings and early thirty somethings - your body is going to feel really weird by the time you hit these mid 30 years.  For the first time in my life I can get up from a chair and be stiff.  Parts of me crack and creek now.  I'm seeing a little bit of turgor disappearing here and there.  It drives me freaking nuts.  But guess what?  I can still move, I can still push myself to goals, I am not stuck in anything.  What a blessing!

21 - My daughter's humor...eight is a colorful age.  Some days my child is a version of an emo character and I just want her to stay away!  But most days she's hilarious, tall blonde who says the craziest stuff just to see you laugh.  I hope she keeps that trait.

22 - "I want to sit in your lap"...my son's big phrase now when he is tired or just wants his mama.  He'll come to me and tilt his head all the way back and tell me he wants to sit in my lap.  Normally its preceeded with c'mon mom.  He's so precious.













1 comment:

  1. Aw I love this! I need to write a thankful post!! We needed a thankful tag dammit!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!