Friday, November 20, 2015

H54F

Cup

Hello, hello!  It's been a busy week of work and well more work.  That's alright with me.  Here's my five things from the past seven days to share :)

Obviously not my photo (thanks Stock) but you get the idea!

1.  Fall Cleaning
Last Sunday evening, while the kids were at church, my husband and I started some cleaning.  Not in the house but in the garage that used to sit beside our house and now sits beside our house (roughly 75 yards now).  The garage is a catch all and has had empty boxes taking up too much space for a year now.  We set them ablaze in the area that was formerly our kitchen.  (She said what?)  Well had the house not had its little issue then the spot we burned boxes and an old wooden play set in would have been our kitchen.
On Monday we went through the remainder of items that were sitting in the middle and corners of the building.  Needless to say that job did not get completed!  Today my plan was to start working on cleaning out more items from that building and from the old store.
Old store?  Yes, my great grandfather operated a general store for our area way, way back in the day.  We (my grandma) still have the store (closed) and it has some items that need to be sold in it (nothing old, its my Christmas stuff, toys, etc).  Let's hope I do get some time to do that...eeek!



2.  Friendsgiving 2015
Ooohh I'm excited.  I'm also hugely thankful for Facebook for helping me keep this event all organized.  Pretty much everyone is communicating really well through the event page.  This week I let everyone know our entree would be pork loin and asked if they wouldn't mind sharing the side(s) they would be bringing so we wouldn't have redundancies.  Can I tell you my mouth is watering?
 I cannot wait, I'm so ready to DIG IN!



3.  Weather Sneak Peeks
You know having the monthly forecast at your fingertips is a blessing and a curse.  Right now the projected high for Boone (where we spend Thanksgiving) is 44 degrees.  To be honest, I do not mind the colder temps on Thanksgiving.  It just makes it more festive.  Last year it was bitterly cold and the tree farm had a good 8 inches of snow with more falling as we scoured the mountain for our tree.  Who am I kidding?  We didn't go all over the mountain but instead decided to check right behind the little barn they base the sales out of!  I guess the only time I can handle cold and snow is on a holiday like Thanksgiving and Christmas and maybe NYE.  Other than that I just cannot.
Oh and guess what...our Friendsgiving is looking cool and rainy.  I really wanted this to be an outside event with no children in my house but HAHA on me.  I'm planning my layout for an indoors Friendsgiving but praying for a break in the weather and us being outside!



4.  No Reply Bloggers
Dear No Reply Blogger -
You may not know who you are but I must say this.  I reply to all the comments on my blog and when I see that you are a no-reply blogger it makes me cringe.  I want you to know I read your comment and I want to thank you and give you a kind reply.  But I cannot.  So to all of you who may be going - why the hell doesn't she respond to my comment - there is your answer.  Stop alienating yourselves (just kidding).
xo
Amanda



5.  Christmas Crafting
I have officially made my Christmas Crafting list for 2015.  The catch is I am not sharing it on the blog because sometimes people I gift to see the blog.  Some things I just have to keep under wraps.  But I am very excited about showing them later in December (ahem, after a certain date.)  Now to go to Michael's!







7 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I know that you reply tho. I check people's blogs! I can't do reply because unfortunately I connected my blog to my real name google plus account a long time ago!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysterious lady, LA lady....wait is that a song? Bahahaha. Thankful for you this year on the blog, missy! I love your own posts and your comments here. xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. I have no clue if I'm no reply or not...anyway, Hi! I switched to Disqus on my blog and have had way more interaction. I love winter and cold, but then again, I'm a northerner so I kinda have to. Although, around the end of February and all of March I start daydreaming of tropical places again. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun and delicious Friendsgiving celebration!! Wishing you all the best with tackling your to do's. I've been going through things in our home, nothing on that grand of a scale, but it definitely feels good to let unneeded things go and simplify things! Happy Christmas crafting - so fun! :)
    xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud with the Michael's meme. My mother works at JoAnn's so I'm always there! I have to kick myself into gear with the Xmas decorating & crafting!

    In southern NY we're expecting our first snow-ish day on Sunday. I'm pretty excited for it because I don't have to drive to work in it! =P

    Best wishes on your fall cleaning & Friendsgiving! Melanie Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool that your great grandfather had a general store! And that your family still owns it! Cold is a necessity at Thanksgiving, at least at my mom's house. I swear it's like 105 degrees in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOO A Christmas crafting list! What fun! And I hear you about hoping for no rain. I love snow! But cold and rainy is not the ideal weather. I love that you're doing Friendsgiving. It's going to be so much fun. Can't wait to see a recap!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!