Monday, September 15, 2014

The Weekend: I live with my mom

So after 10+ years of not living at home....I'm living at home.  I'm back in my childhood bedroom....with my husband, 6 boxes of possessions, and my two children next door in my brother's childhood bedroom.

Whoa.



This takes some adjusting.

Friday....

Trying to keep things semi normal the hubby and I took the kids to play at McDonald's and eat some good mystery food.  They do say the burgers are 100% cow...I guess.
The kids then went to my mom so we could spend time at the new site for our home. 
 Excavating away some stumps and cement and downing a few Bud Lights sums up Friday.

Saturday....

We had to bust out.  We are craving normalcy of our past life!  Since the hubs was off work we were able to load up the kids and visit the Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market in Colfax.  It was fun just walking around and trying everything.  
Saturday afternoon consisted of more working at the house.  I got everything off my wonderful deck and the hubby and Lee pulled stuff out of what remains of the basement.
I didn't take pictures but Little Man enjoyed the mud more than anything else on this earth.
Saturday night we went to Amy & Lee G's for dinner.  That girl can cook like no other....baked spaghetti, rolls, and carrot cake cupcakes.  If I stay at her house much for food I'm going to founder myself because its too good to stop eating.



We enjoyed spending time with them and their two wonderful kidlets.  It was so nice! 

Sunday....

We laid off the house so that work can begin today to pour footers.  I worked my volunteer shift at a local consignment sale (post on FB page).  We had dinner with my dad and his girlfriend.  It was pretty low key.

I hope we all have a great week and when I say we I mean you too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!