Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tested, Tasted, Totally Delicious: Meatball Sandwich Casserole

It would be nice to have a nice soup or stew to share today.  However, in the world of reality its hot as the proverbial balls around here.  So I am not highlighting some fall deliciousness.  No friends, instead I would like to share with you a Pinterest dish that I tried and well....I'm still up in the air on.

Meatball Sandwich Casserole doesn't sound particularly appetizing to this girl.  However, I have a very soon to be seven year old who loves some meatballs.  I'm talking she is all about some meatballs.

When I made out my month long menu I tried to consider each family member's favorite dishes.  Let's be real, ya'll, if I picked the menu we'd only be eating chicken and fish and tomatoes.  Or I'd be getting thicker and they'd all be getting thinner because the people in this family, aside from me, are pretty basic eaters.  Hello meatloaf for the husband.  Hello meatballs for the diva.

Unfortunately, my husband nor myself have any deep love for meatballs.  

So I took to Pinterest to find a recipe to try that maybe, just maybe, we'd all like.

[meatballcasserole7[4].jpg]
Via

My kid said this was to die for.  I'm on the fence.  My husband didn't like it.  My son....well he'll eat anything.


The draw for kids on this is that its basically spaghetti with French Bread in place of noodles.  


So why am I sharing this?  Because a lot of people who read my blog have kids and maybe just maybe there is a night where you want to eat little to nothing but you must feed the kids....or maybe you have a hot date night and need to fix up something for the kids to eat with the sitter.  This is why I am sharing this recipe....its for kids.

I'm also sharing it because it would be a good dish to take to a potluck or tailgate.  Trust me it won't be another box of chicken and that's always appreciated.

Eat up!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!