Monday, September 15, 2014

The BIG Move: Part 1

Totally NOT our house but the same premise!
Our house is being moved.

Guys, this is some HGTV stuff.  I have watched house moving on that channel a blue million times.  I have been behind structures that are in the process of being moved on the highway.  Never did I think my house would be moved.



It truly is a science how they can pick up light houses, old churches, mansions, and move them up the road just a few or hundreds of miles away. 

My house isn't anything huge in terms of light houses and historical sites but it is about 900 tons of our life that is being moved about 75 yards.  We own nearly 5 acres so I had a lot available on what I own that is perfect (blessing).

Starting this week the new site will undergo footings being poured and all that jazz.  While the house will begin the phasing of prepping for its big move.  Steel structural support going in under the house, tearing away parts that cannot be moved (think cement).

I will have a busy Monday with the County getting everything in order.  Luckily, our local permits department gave us the go ahead very early on.  

That is something I am thankful for today...the swiftness of the permits department to say start working on what you need.

Maybe I'll have some pictures this week.  Until next time...have a good day!




1 comment:

  1. I was like, "Wow, this lady has a massive house!" Then I read the caption. LOL Sounds like things are coming together and quickly too. Continued prayers being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!