Friday, September 12, 2014

End of Week Update



You know, I had planned all this fun stuff to cover in the blog for the fall.  I was excited about decorating and cooking new recipes and sharing all kinds of autumn goodness with my readers.  

Those were my plans.

My plans were easy.

Life is hard.

We are at the end of Week One.  Here's how it goes...

1.  We are safe.  I let you all know that on Monday.  That is all that counts.   A house may be important but it can be rebuilt.  A life cannot be regained.

2.  We are living with my mom.  I know what you are thinking.  Truly, it isn't bad.  I'm sure that you're thinking "what about your husband...poor guy." He's ok with it too.  We don't have monster-in-laws! My kids are super happy!



3.  Insurance is worth nothing.  We had Metlife coverage and guess what....they don't cover what happened because water is a slimy beast that allows insurance companies to ride away, clean a pin, on their big castrated horse.  I'll have a whole post or seventeen coming soon about how insurance works so you can all understand and not get taken down the tube like we have been.

4.  Our home is a true mess but it is fixable....at a very large expense.  It will be cheaper to repair than to purchase a new one but it will be expensive and time consuming.

5.  You truly find out who your real friends are.  This isn't a slam by any means but if it weren't for Amy, Lee, Will, Audra, Brandon, and Josh I think we'd be smiling less.  They have been amazing in so many ways and I cannot begin to express my gratitude.

So as for the blog...

I will continue to write it.  It truly is a type of therapy and also a great documentation tool!  

No, it will not ALL be about this new experience.  I have some great things I was invited to do, prior to this event, that I cannot wait to showcase in the coming weeks.

I feel like this situation has really opened my eyes even wider to the way the world works and I want to share with you the ugliness so you're protected.


Prayers are great. Thoughts are appreciated.  Have a good weekend and I'll see you back on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!