Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Favorites

Momfessionals
Here are my favorite things for this week!!!  These weeks are going by so quickly which is good but still saddens me at the pace which life moves.

By the way....this is the last Friday Favorites of September 2014.  Are you like me going, what?!



1.  The house is moved.

Guys this is the biggest praise of the week for us.  This puts us closer to the eventual move back in.



2.  Human Spirit

This week I have been overwhelmed by the kindness and caring that our community is giving us.  I have a blog post coming later about this.



3.  A Break

This week has afforded me two breaks from the craziness this month has brought us.  The first was a trip to walk around the mall and get a cookie with my friend Amy.  We took our kids and they had a ball just being together.  The second break comes today.  Before the madness of the house we booked a camping trip with my dad to the beach.  My husband and I questioned whether we should still go and everyone said YES YOU MUST!  Since its paid for and its low expense (camping people) we are going.  I am looking forward to the sand and sea and enjoying what I consider God's greatest creation in land/water form....the beach! I hope this will give me the rejuvenation I need to go forward with all the changes we are experiencing.  I will treasure this time with my babies and husband.



4.  Once Upon A Child

Clothing exchanges rock for little ones.  When I say little ones I mean those in sizes newborn to the T sizes.  My Diva is in an 8 and well its slim pickings for her. This week we had a true fall cold snap.  The first day of fall was a blustery 60!  For North Carolina that is doggone cold for the start of fall.   I had no real clothing exchange luck for her.  Since funds are tight I went to Once Upon A Child and really racked up!  For $30 I got a huge bag of cool weather clothes and shoes for her.   I am so grateful!



5.  My Dog

On Monday, when the house was moved, my nerves hit an all time kill me mode.  I got really sick.  I sat down in the living room and let all emotions loose.  Chippy came over to me, crawled up in my lap, put her front two paws on my shoulders and her head on my shoulder.  My dog hugged me and she wasn't about to move.   I started off sobbing and ended up giggling!  My sweet four legged baby knew what I needed and her sweetness turned into a funny moment.  The Lord works in mysterious ways including through our pets.






5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time at the beach! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via Friday Favorites :) Dogs are amazing, aren't they? Have a blast camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! By far God's greatest animal creation!!!

      Delete
  3. So sweet of Chippy!
    The beach sounds so amazing right now :) Hope you have enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!