Wednesday, September 17, 2014

How ARE you doing?


Lately, as I have been running into folks I've known for years, I get stopped to ask the golden question....

"How are you doing?"  

They then repeat the sentence but emphasize the word are.


I figure they want me to melt down in front of them so they can tell everyone they pulled me back up.

I've not got time to be Britney...or the money LOL!

C'mon that's blunt but that's also human nature isn't it?

Yes.  You know I'm right on this.  

Especially down here <wink>.

How am I doing?

I'm doing just fine.  I woke up this morning snuggled up with my little girl in a twin bed.  I hit my forehead and eye last night on the bedside table.  I prayed I wouldn't have a bruise and I didn't.  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine.  I locked my keys in my car last night.  The stupid key fob got soaked during the mini monsoon we received yesterday afternoon.  Moisture caused an electrical current to the battery and my car was possessed.  I had to drive my dad's truck to my half standing house and walk through the mud and climb the rocks to get in.  But I did it and I laughed a lot.  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine.  I had turkey, green beans, and mashed potatoes for dinner last night.  That was delicious.  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine.  My house has a new spot patiently awaiting its arrival.  This experience is like being pregnant and you're sitting on week 38.  It is safe to go but you have to have a lot of patience and grace. The end result of the wait is a long and tedious process that you have no control over.  My house is slowly being taken apart from the foundation.  The earth around it is slowly being dug away.  Everything is in place it just takes time.  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine.  My little boy is saying more and more words and he is cracking me up with his version of singing songs about meows and fire trucks and tows (cows).  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine.  My daughter is blonde and oblivious to so much that you have to giggle at her.  Ignorance is bliss and childhood is magical.  It is no wonder kids are so carefree and free spirited.  I miss those days and would like to go back for just a snippet of time with the knowledge I have now but the freedom I had then.  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine.  Sure, we weren't on easy street prior to all this happening but we were making it.  Making it with a few more bumps and potholes in the road we were traveling.  A string of bad luck here and there.  I didn't fall on my knees with my head in the mud screaming WHY ME!  That wasn't necessary and would have been an egotistical way of dealing with the circumstances.  Instead I hit the ground out of breath and weeping that my children had been spared.  They were safe.  Amazing grace.  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine.  When my daughter was born my faith was rebuilt. Marriage during the first four years was a huge test of my salt. When I was pregnant with my son my faith went through the toughest trial I have had to face as an adult.  Through all the tests He has put me through I have always prayed diligently without any waiver.  And every time I've faced something scary or troubling He has seen me through.  There is a reason for every single bad thing that happens in this life.  Every troubling and worrisome event has a reason whether you are the type to dig for it scientifically, spiritually, or both. Every single thing in this world has a reason for happening.  We get into trouble when we get angry and we find ourselves so distraught we fail to see that in every single drop of darkness there is a a sparkle of light....a sparkle of life.  I'm doing just fine.

I'm doing just fine because, though financially we are broken, my faith has this covered.  Though we are out of our home, my faith gave me parents who can freely open their doors for shelter.  Though we feel like we're alone in so much, we have friends who check on us regularly and pray for us daily and who are building us up in love.  I'm doing just fine.

This is just a detour folks.  Its not the final event that puts me on the opposite side of the North Carolina Red Clay.  Though it is overwhelming to see and hear about; it is nothing in the grand scheme of the plan.  It is just a stepping stone that will lead us to where we are meant to be for the next chapter.

WE ARE doing just fine because the end result is already worked out we just have to make it to that point.  That means we take this one day at a time.  One blow, one lift, one minute at a time.
.
~Via~




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!