Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Halloween & Other Festivities

The holiday season kicked off in July when retailers started putting out Thanksgiving stuff.  You know, I always felt like Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) got shafted.  You see LOADS of stuff for Halloween and then Christmas stuff busts the stores at the seams.  Where the crap is Thanksgiving?  I'll tell you where it is...its in the home goods section of Belk's in late July.  You think I'm kidding but I'm not.  When we were shopping in late July I was walking through Belk domestics and there were signs up saying THANKSGIVING SALE.

Huh?

Yeah.

Weird.

Ok so it turned out they were just using those signs because they couldn't find their regular signs for that particular sale.

Poor Turkey Day getting duped and used.

For real...I guess the holiday season does kick off with Halloween now.  I believe that its the second biggest holiday next to Christmas.  A lot of people go all out decorating their homes with corpses and black trees.  It is a little weird for me.  I hate scary movies so why the crap would I be going all out for Halloween?

What I do love about it is dressing up.  I'm the kid whose mom had a crate of dress up clothes that I could pull from each year.  I never really had a store bought costume because we had plenty of witch hats and wigs.  (Is this starting to sound disturbing?)  I have carried that with me into my adult years.
I took to Pinterest to find some fun Halloween costume ideas....so here's your Wednesday smile.

Pot head. Funny Halloween costumes..
Via
Show of your dual appreciation for wordplay and slapstick with this pun. | 31 Insanely Clever Last-Minute Halloween Costumes
Via
15 funny Halloween costumes for couples
Hahahah Dog & Beth!
Spice rack. | 26 Hilariously Clever Halloween Costumes
Spice Rack!
An old lady. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! This is so cute. | 26 Halloween Costumes For Toddlers That Are Just Too Cute To Believe
Via
Crazy Cat Lady costume...i will be doing this to my child.
crazy cat lady
Prince on a scooter | 22 Amazing Kids' Halloween Costumes That They're Too Young To Understand
Rolling! Prince!!!

AMazing Lil Lil Wayne costume | 23 Kids Who Are Totally Nailing This Halloween Thing
Lil Wayne For REAL!




See ya tomorrow!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!