Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday's got 5!



Admissions for Friday with Brownie....
Momfessionals




1.  I watched the Duggars.

Ok so my name is Brownie and over the summer break I began watching 19 Kids and Counting religiously (no pun intended).  I got hooked because, though I do associate with Christianity, I do not subscribe to denim skirts and 80's hair and lack of birth control.  I really looked at this show as a sociology case study.  Then I got hooked.  First of all, Michelle is the most patient creature on the face of the earth.  All mamas can take note of her calmness when parenting.  Second of all, those kids seem pretty respectful of all people and that is something I strive for my children to harbor for others.  Third, I know I could never do the whole babies til I'm 50 thing so its nice to watch the circus come to life on the screen.

I do not live in AZ, but I'm in NC so our muggy factor is gross.
2.  I refuse to get another pumpkin spice anything.

This week was the week of heat stroke here in North Carolina.  I have decided since it is NOT autumn yet and OBVIOUSLY still summer I will boycott pumpkin spice coffee and pastries until the temperature drops a good ten degrees.  Then we'll discuss it.  I just saw the sneak peak of weather for next week and the highs are ten degrees cooler then...hmm!?!


3.  My diet sucks.

I realized last week how crappy my diet has become  I'm like a sugar fiend.  Operation take some control and eat more celery has been enacted.  And yes, this does tie into number two.


4.  No Shop September!

I was reading over at Amanda's blog (killer name right?  Amanda!) and she shared she's doing a no shop September.  The shopping she's quitting is you know clothing and shoes and stuff for the month because if you live in FL or NC or well anywhere down here then you don't really need new clothes because its not cold yet.  Plus I'm sure we all have plenty to work with for a month in our closets.  Right?  I know I'm so wrong we all want more cute clothes.  Lets just save some money this month and next month go a little crazy with true fall fashion.

5.  This kid....


Had a terrific birthday....and I had fun too!




3 comments:

  1. My confession is while I like looking at them, I do not like to eat or drink anything pumpkin. Since everyone is so in love with them, I did try a pumpkin frap at SB yesterday and thought it was funky! I tried to hide my grimace because I did not want to offend the barista by exclaiming, "Good Lord, this tastes terrible!" And I agree with you, I can't even think about pumpkins or flannel in this heat and humidity. Over from the link up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big SB pumpkin fan but I like DD's. And obviously using acronyms HA! Yeah girl we can rock our shorts and tanks a little longer whoo hoo! Thanks for visiting pretty girl!

      Delete
  2. I had the Dunkins Pumpkin Mocha Iced Latte and it was so good!! I had to go iced because we are also not having fall weather yet. Soon hopefully! I hear you on the no sugar...that is such a struggle for me and I need to have a no spend month as well!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!