Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WTH Wednesday: Walmart Deli Lady

This morning after my power hour of cleaning I ran some errands.

One of my errands included going to Walmart to get the kid a t-ball glove, a can of chili for hotdogs, some contact solution, and some potato salad.

The potato salad is what this post is about.

So I'm at the deli counter looking at the options:

American Potato Salad *also known as Original.
Southern Potato Salad 
Amish Potato Salad

Doctor Who what gif

What?

Amish Potato Salad?

For those of you who know me pretty good through my blog or in living color then you know when I see Amish I light up like a God forbidden Christmas tree.

So I'm trying to figure out what exactly makes Amish Potato Salad different.

The deli workers were in a hot debate over something at their churches.  They were about five feet from the counter, donning the necessary deli worker attire, totally ignoring me.

Finally after five minutes one turns and says, "Um somebody will get you in a minute."

Hmm ok...glad to hear that considering you are all standing over there pow wowing.

Then another lady turns around and walks off.  She pops back up and says, "I'll get ya in a little bit."

What the hell?

Channel Amish niceness, Brownie.  Channel it.

Finally this lady comes over to help.  She's a large lady.  She's missing a few teeth.  She has a look on her face like "I dare you to tell me what you want"....

GIF angry eating Jim Carrey GIF

I smile and tell her I need half a poud of cole slaw and then I asked the million dollar question:  "So um what is Amish Potato Salad?"

She cuts her eyes and says, "Its potato salad Amish people make."

Well no shit Sherlock.  However, I don't think Walmart has some Amish women stashed in a store room whipping this shit up.

So I smile and say, "Well what makes it different from regular potato salad?"

She says, "Amish people make it.  I guess they don't use onions."

Facepalm GIF 8

Come again?

By this time I'm just enjoying this woman's ideas on this damn potato salad.  I am seriously falling in love with this deli counter woman.

I ask her if she's ate it.



"Yeah I guess one time."

I asked if she liked it.

"Potato salad is potato salad.  It is what it is ya know?"

She was super sweet by this point.  I smiled at her and wished her a happy day and told her I'd see her again sometime.

I picked up the Walmart Amish Potato Salad and headed off.

By the way...its nasty.  They may not like electricity but those black dress bitties love to pour a vat of sugar in their potato salad.






1 comment:

  1. haha, how dare you even ASK what the difference is. j/k
    It's as if you were the only person in your potato salad universe who didn't know the answer.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!