Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

I have left the Saturday posts in my rear view mirror.  You won't see a regularly scheduled What's For Dinner again.

Instead, I am putting my cooking love on the table on Tuesdays.  It is a new Tuesday theme called Tasty Tuesday {bet ya guessed that already huh?}...

This month I am making some recipes from the fabulous Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.  I love her healthier recipes on good foods.

So as we all are prepping for pool weather lets get our kitchens prepped for some healthier cooking.

----

Recipe 1:  So Good Chocolate Chip Softies

The kid got out of school early due to possible icing.  That meant we were going to get our cook on.  The first item on the agenda was something sweet for a treat.

If you like Vita Mufins you will ADORE these little creations.  They are not like a cookie but indeed like a muffin top {the kind you eat, not the kind you are working off}.

HG's So-Good Chocolate Chip Softies!  Yes, that is the yummy thing you're about to make!  Photo from hungry-girl.com

Here's the recipe:

3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of Spenda No Calorie Sweetner (Brownie does not use Splenda....Brownie is from the South and uses Sweet N Low babydoll)
6 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup egg substitute (Brownie does not use egg subs because she has chickens, so I used one egg)
2 1/2 tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chips (mini)
2 tbsp of unpacked brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/8 teaspoon of salt

Mix your dry ingredients in a bow.
Mix your wet in another bowl.
Combine.
Spoon out 8 cookies on a lightly coated baking sheet (yes they are big)
Bake at 375 for ten minutes.

With my subs of one real egg and sweet n low I have figured that this is worth 2.5 points {for one} with the Weight Watcher's plan.

Eat up, its good!

Click here to visit the HG herself!









1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!