Friday, March 7, 2014

5 Minute Friday: Willing

Five Minute Friday


Today's word is:  Willing

And go...

That's a powerful word.  Willing can lead to all sorts of situations and decisions and experiences.

Last night I was willing to clean up my daughter's vomit as she endured a painful experience (she had dairy earlier...bad news).  Believe it or not there are some moms that aren't going to do that.  They'd tell the child to clean it up themselves or ignore it all together.

How can they not be willing to care for their child?

When I was younger I was willing to do just about anything to roll with a certain crowd.  That may have included a recipe for being someone other than who I was.  What a flaw.  I wasn't willing to accept who I was was good enough.  What tween teen doesn't do that some?

I was willing to give a guy a chance eight years ago.  I had came off a long term relationship and was having a blast being single but for some reason I was willing to give some scrawny dude from my hometown a chance with me.  Well....we're celebrating 7 years of marriage next week.  That is how that turned out!

Then there is the ultimate willing participant in our lives.  Jesus Christ.  He came to earth and walked this world and then willingly gave his life for a blippit of dust named Brownie, named you, named her, named him, named them.  He was willing to give it all up so we would have the chance at perfect acceptance for imperfect people.

Willing and able he was....willing and able are we.  














1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we've got to set ourselves aside and be willing to do something for our kids they would normally do on their own - I love how you helped your daughter, and I bet she loved it too! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!