Saturday, March 8, 2014

Stomachs

This just in:  sleep is overrated!

Apparently.

This is the second night in a row I've been camped out with my child who has the dairy allergy.

It is all my fault.

I let her have a few sips {yes sips, not gulps} of chocolate "real" milk on Thursday night and KABOOM we're at gut civil war with the child.

It is like Russia and Ukraine in that piece yo.

In her case:  she has some dairy {without having her medicine first} and it sits in her stomach and begins rotting everything in there.

Literally, rotting.everything.in.there.

First she gets sulfur smelling burps.

Then she gets bloating in a serious way.

Next are the cramps.

She'll experience this for a few hours until finally her body will stop fighting it and try to get it out.

Generally its by vomiting and very odd poo.  {Yes, you needed to know that...have another bite of sandwich!}

The only thing is this:  it takes a few days for her body to get back to normal.

I estimate this current experience was brought on by what was about 2 tablespoons of chocolate low fat milk that I was given erroneously in the drive thru.

She was thirsty and I said, "Well just take two tiny sips!"

Are you kidding me gifs

She said, "But mom I cannot have this!"

I said, "Don't drink it then."

She said, "But I'm so thirsty, mama!"

{So wait a second....you know you cannot have it and you remind me you cannot have it and yet you say you're so thirsty.  I'm confused.}

So she took literally two - four sips.

We paid...oh we have paid the consequences.

Then I allowed her to have a cheese stick.

I know I'm a freakin' nimrod.

Stupid GIFS

She went to dinner with her great aunt.  Great Aunt calls me and says, "Can she have cheese sticks?"

<Crickets> "Um."

"Maybe one or two?"

"Um yeah that will be ok."

Why will that be ok?  She doesn't have her medicine with her.  Cheese is from a cow.  Hello.

Are you kidding me GIF 3

{However, a bit of mozzarella has been ok for her previously}

She came home, happy.

She had three pizza sticks.

Huh?

Cheese sticks.

Then we had another fun night of:

burping
bloating
cramps
pain
vomit
weird poo

disgust gif 13

I do not enjoy cleaning up vomit.

I do not enjoy it one bit.

But I'll be damned if it isn't making me a strong mama.

Seriously, I did it this morning for the first time WITHOUT gagging.

Go me, I deserve some motherhood award.

clapping gif 13

I just cannot get the smell out of my nose hairs.

So we're on a binge of absolutely nothing but fruit, vegetables, and grains for the next 48 hours.

I'm scrutinizing every damn thing that goes into that mouth.

If there is a hint of anything from a milk cow I will be going crazy insane.

Preach GIFS

Seriously.









1 comment:

  1. Oh my! What a weekend! I hope she gets better soon. We never know how enjoyable life is until vomit enters the scene....

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!