Friday, March 14, 2014

5 Minute Friday: Crowd

Five Minute Friday





Crowd is the word for 5 Minute Friday today....

Start...

Who is your crowd?  Do you have one?

I have a group but not a crowd.  A crowd is just too many for me, personally!

When I think of this word I think of teenage years.  The whole "will you follow the crowd" type of scenario.

If everyone jumped off a bridge, Brownie, would you?  I remember that question over and over.

No, I wouldn't....even if it was in the islands and part of an exotic tour and there was no way I'd get hurt....I still wouldn't do it.

I think of "good crowd" and "bad crowd" - growing up the "good crowd" came from nice families, had nice grades, went to nice churches, and had nice vacations.  The bad crowd came from "questionable families", wasn't too stellar in school, didn't go to church, and if they vacationed it was in jail for a night.

See what "crowds" do?  They cause labeling.  They cause judgement.

You know....now that I am grown and looking at my life a lot of those people who were part of the bad crowd weren't really bad.  They did really well in school and grew up to have nice families.

Hmmm....maybe we should watch our usage of labeling the crowd.

Time is up!!!







1 comment:

  1. True....over the past few years I've reconnected with high school classmates on Facebook. It is funny how we think people are so "cool", "nerds", "jocks", or "brains" in high school....but, as adults we realize we are all pretty much the same with normal lives and families:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!