Friday, November 29, 2013

5 on Friday: Shots of Turkey Day!


It doesn't even feel like Friday...










1.  A great Thanksgiving

We did our family tradition for the fifth year.  A trip to Boone for the day and a yummy lunch, a bit of browsing, the quest for the perfect tree, and a stop to some friends we only see on Thanksgiving.  

This year there was added fun - snow.

Four inches to be concise.

If you're from the South then that's a lot of snow.  If you're from the mountains in the South then that's not really anything.  However, to a six year old and a one year old that is magical.




2.  A great tree

If you need a Christmas tree and are not partial to the ones that come in a box and sit in a closet or attic then you need to go see the Greene Family at Greene Family Tree Farm in Boone, North Carolina.  We have been going for five years and every year is a lot of fun.  We take the tractor ride up to the field and walk around thousands of trees trying to find just the right one.  This year we have a 6 foot slimmer beauty than in years past.


3.  A great family

When we came back from "them thar hills" our heat went out in the house.  As in the high was 38 and heat was critical.  It didn't take but a few phone calls before my brother, dad, and uncle were on a mission to find the piece we needed.  We had heat restored in about an hour.

My brother put a "Thankful For" status on Facebook.  I'll just let you read it:


"Kinda late, but I'm thankful for my sister and her family. She's always been there for me, and probably one of the few people I honestly can depend on and trust. Her husband is like the big brother I never had, and I appreciate everything that we do, from cutting wood, to moving furniture, to watching the game. They're both model parents with a beautiful daughter and a handsome son. I'm beyond blessed to call them my family, and I hope to have the type of family that they have. I love y'all!"



4.  Saying "No" to Thanksgiving Shopping

I opted against going out on Thanksgiving evening to "score a deal"...instead I made cookies with my little girl and watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.  I scored great q time with my child instead.

5.  Saying "OK" to brief Black Friday Shopping

I did it....for forty-five minutes I went to an empty Walmart and quiet Lowes and got what I wanted.  Yes, we finally have bar stools...thank you Lowes.  To the sales guy at Lowes, thank you for being above and beyond and not just loading my cart but pushing it all through the store so I could do a little "browsing" and also for loading my car.  That dude rocked in excellence.

You know you are getting old when your Walmart list for Black Friday consists of bed sheets, a shop vac, and Rubbermaid containers.  Can you believe they had it all?  Hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!