Monday, November 11, 2013

Christmas Party-ing


So I'm all for Thanksgiving (it is my favorite holiday) but right now I'm focusing more on the Christmas season.  No, I have not been manipulated by mass retailer's marketing schemes.  It is just that the Christmas season will not only bring the celebration of the birth of Christ but also the celebration of the completion of our home.


This year in celebration of all things being complete with the project we are having a Christmas Open House also known as a Christmas Party also known as a Christmas Soiree. 

We know the theme of the ugly Christmas sweater is old news but my husband wants that theme so much that I'm like sure darling.

Even though we're weeks away from completion on the project the idea of planning this little event gives me such happiness.  I am also finding that I am thankful for Pinterest to get fun ideas.  So I guess this blog post serves two purposes sharing some cool stuff I have found and hope to utilize for the get together and also begins my simple thanks theme I hope you all notice in each blog post for November.

So here's what I'm liking....

If you haven't caught on I like love all things retro....I like this invitation from the 1950's -

Christmas Open House Invite 1950s by hmdavid, via Flickr
Source



It also is pretty freakin' perfect for everything this get together is all about!


This is my next little love.  I would adore being able to make these for our guests to take home.  At Christmas I think a lot of people link "believe" to Santa (and I do too) but there's more to it than that.  Believe in the Christ Child....believe in the Lord....believe in the grace.  I've had my beliefs tested and they have prevailed through this whole process.

Binky La Faye: CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE
Source


You have to have something sweet on the table...how sweet are these little guys?



LOVE this idea as part of the Christmas Open House sweets table ...
Source

Since the adults are invited to wear their ugly sweaters I was thinking it would be awesome if kids could come in their pajamas.  That way when its time to go home they'll be all ready for bed!  Aren't these sweet?


Christmas Pajamas - Reindeer Christmas PJs. $26.00, via Etsy.
Source


I think I found the perfect HORRIBLE Christmas sweater....



Men’s Ugly Christmas Sweaters
Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the invite!! And the christmas pjs are too cute for the kiddies. I was in JC Penney's over the weekend and saw the ugliest Christmas sweatshirt that would be perfect for an ugly sweatshirt party :) Such a fun theme that will never get old.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!