Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thankfully Over It

Well I was all excited to get to cook in my new kitchen and KAPOW I realized that none of my important pieces of equipment were hooked up.  Yeah....they are just sitting haphazardly in my new and beautiful kitchen.  

This blog post was birthed from that moment of realization.

I miss my living room.  It is currently a big, dusty, open space with sheet rock and a few boxes and bags of garbage (was that too personal?).  I want it to match my new kitchen (sans the haphazardly placed appliances) and I want to be able to relax in it at the end of the busy days.

I miss the playroom.  The playroom is now a makeshift hell hole of a living room with toys, food, blankets, clothing, papers, etc spread all about (and the room is only like 16 x 16).  It used to be a place the kids could play in and watch their lovely educational programming.  Now its...a mess we all live in.

I miss having two complete bathrooms.  Currently, we have one bathroom that is a mess because we need to complete the painting in it and get everything squared away (simple not hard on this one) so it looks functional.  I do miss having a bath tub to use for the smallest man in the family.  

I miss having internet and Directv and telephone service.  I feel very Amish these days.  Yes, I watch PBS but that is as close to Amish television as you can get.


I miss living in a dust free, dirt free home.  Between the saw dust, sheet rock dust, and any other dust known to man I am at my wit's end.  The kids have some bloody noses every now and then and we are all stopped up.  I keep the windows open and the vaporizers going.  I also stay out of the house except for about 12 hours a day. Ha!


I miss meals not in paper bags.

I miss the grocery store.  Oh my gosh weirdo.  I miss planning out what to make for dinner and I miss grabbing a snack from the basket that isn't a Little Debbie cake.  Oh my gosh weirdo.

It has been a month and a week since I have been able to live like a normal human being in my home and now it is getting to me.  I mean why the crap didn't we go to our second home on Bimini Bay for this whole fiasco?  We could have loaded up the jet and taken off and spent the brunt of it all by the beautiful sea.  

Oh wait...must be the dust getting to me.

In a month where we blab about being thankful I can tell you I am thankful for a put together home that doesn't require a respirator or a lent roller to live in.  I am thankful for appliances that work and being able to use them.  I am also thankful for the house I have and hope that one day in the very very very near future I can utilize all of it's magical wonders (like washer and dryer) and not be toting stuff a couple miles away and lugging it back.  I am thankful for my mom who has tried to help out with the kids even though she's having to take care of her mother.  The kids have made this process super hard because we are limited on what we can do with them around but we've made it through thus far. 

I am not thankful for dust.

I hope to begin the reveal to you all next week on the blog. 





1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!