Monday, November 25, 2013

Yummy meal & December Templates




Since it is the week we eat and eat and eat I decided to put some recipes up for you guys.  These are two of my own recipes and they are quite yummy if I do say so myself.  Let's just call this Brownie's Meal For You.

I do realize we are at that time of year where we are all about Mr. Tom Turkey and all his savory goodness.  However, I wanted to give him a break and focus on Caroline Cow and all her deliciousness.

Here's the meal plan:

Main Course:

Oven Roasted Garlic & Herb Beef
Roasted red potatoes, asparagus and onions

Finale:
Easy pumpkin pie



Recipes:




For my oven beef roast I purchased a 2 1/2 pounder.  I also used some of my new Corningware to bake this in - you do not want to cover the meat as it cooks.


Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  While the oven is heating up you can make a rub like mine:

1/2 tablespoon of garlic pepper
dash of salt
1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning

Mix these together and rub over the meat.

Place it in the oven for 2 hours and fifteen minutes!


When the time is winding down to about 45 minutes on the beef slice your onion and red potatoes and cut your asparagus to your liking.  I layered the veggies on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil: potatoes, asparagus, onion.  Then I drizzled a tablespoon of EVOO and sprinkled a bit of salt.  I wrapped it tight and let it cook on the top rack for 45 minutes.


Yummy!

Easy Pumpkin Pie:


It is truly easy...and makes two deep dish pies.

1 can of pumpkin
1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
1 can of evaporated milk
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 frozen pie crust

Preheat oven to 375

Mix all ingredients together, pour in pie shell bake for 45 minutes.




After I did some cooking I realized that my calendar addicted self did not have a calendar for December up in my kitchen.

I'm kind of addicted to using a calendar.

Then I remembered a blog site I used to ADORE!  They made the cutest monthly templates for calendars.  Guess what?  They still do!  Sad news?  December 2013 is the LAST freebie for the monthly calendar.  UNCOOL!  Oh well....here it is and here's a {link} so you can print a cutie pie for yourself.

Created by Hello Cuteness (click the link above)


And since December is upon us and the fat man will be making his rounds very very soon....here' s an adorable template we used over the weekend to write our Santa Letter on!

Go here to get it Wink Design

Wink Design Santa Letter - *adorable* free printable template for beginning writers or prewriters















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!