Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Elves & Evil Shoppers


Elf On The Shelf Letter - Bring them back form the big man...



Yes, we have one.  His name is Red.  He came to our home last year.

Can I just say whoever came up with this idea is a freakin' rock star?  Seriously!  If I want my kid to mind her p's and q's by gosh that Elf can get it done.

Apparently, you can bring your Elf back at any time you see fit during the year.  I read the book and there is nothing saying you have to wait until Thanksgiving night.  I do believe that is a good rule of thumb though.  Think about it....if I would have brought Red back in September I seriously doubt that thing would have the amazing power he has from Turkey Day - Christmas Eve.

This year I have been toying with how the small, over priced retro decoration will make his grand appareance.  I had a few ideas and I'll pass them along.



1.  In a wrapped box, nestled under Christmas pajamas, popcorn and hot cocoa packets.  I saw the box of pajamas and stuff on a post my friend Ashley put on Facebook a month ago and thought that would be a cool way to reintroduce him.

2.  In the "mail" - that's how he arrived anyway.  Wrap a shipping box in red paper and set it on the porch like FedEx had brought it by.  Side note:  my daughter gets letters from Santa three times a year to let her know that he sees her and what she needs to work on or be praised on.  Mail is pretty important.

3.  Just stuff him somewhere and see if she spots him.

I'm leaning towards number one.

I'm also debating on him coming the day before Thanksgiving or the actual Turkey Day.  I had thought it would be cool for us to get back from our mountain adventure and for her to find the present in the middle of the floor.  Ok....that excites me.

So what are you guys thinking?  Do you have an EOTS?  Share your ideas with me and my readers.  We'd love it.


_____

Black Friday is upon us but I think that term is out dated.  Should we call it Materialistic Thursday?

I am saddened that Thanksgiving - a holiday that gets ran over by Christmas (hello my last few posts) is now getting trampled by people out to "get a deal"...

I used to be a Black Friday shopper.  I would fuel up on black coffee at 2am and stand in lines with other insane asylum cohabitants.  Now that I look back on it I never scored an incredible deal...those generally came a week or two later.

I do not miss the thrill of the woman stomp woman or man shoot man shopping event.

The real reason I quit Black Friday Shopping?  It is the fact humans become evil over a toy that a kid will play with for a day and then say they are bored with.  Does that make any sense?

So as I type this I realize there is something that I want and it totally screws me over:

1.  It is priced extremely well. (I am a tightwad)

2.  It is only offered on Thanksgiving evening.  (No one should have to work during Thanksgiving except medical professionals and policemen, they are necessary to taking care of the woman who stomped the other woman for the Barbie and the man who shot the other man over a television set.)

3.  Though it be something no one else cares about I would have to be around those demented nut jobs who have been gearing up for this event for the 364 days prior to it coming to life. (And they can cause me to be rather ill.)

Ah hell...I think I am in between a rock and a hard space on this one.

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!