Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday + July = :)


Let's Do This!  I am linked up over at Katie's blog Cup of Tea!

Sorry the look of my blog has changed so much.  On Tuesday I got an email from a regular reader who said I needed to look at some posts.  Well when I did I realized they were embedded with some pretty gross stuff.  So I had to do a few things to change up the blog a bit.  It will be bland looking for a while but it beats nastiness on my little space!

Today I'm knee deep in a yard sale.  I don't have much to sell but I do have some super nice things out on display.  Here's hoping we make some good money for something fun for the family to do for the fourth!

So this week...


Monday sucked for the first 10 hours.  It was my daughter's first day home for the summer and she was all out of sorts and past the point of difficult to be around.  That evening she and I broke away for a free aerial acrobatics show our local library hosted for their summer reading program.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  She saw her sweet friend Ada and also was entranced by the performer!  Afterwards, my brother who had just returned from a trip to Emerald Isle, took us to dinner.  Nice night!




These pictures are in no certain order.  You know those days when you just want a piece of chocolate, stiff drink, cup of coffee, and a shower?  Yeah that was me on Saturday.  I didn't get the chocolate but I did get the shower!  We spent the evening on our front porch with Josh & Heather, friends we hadn't seen in months!  It was so fun to catch up and laugh!


While I was showering dad and the kids were busy playing...
We decided the best purchase from Lowes this year was the Gorilla Cart he bought at Mother's Day (when it was on sale).  Not only does it make carrying things for projects easy but it keeps the kids super entertained!


Wednesday we woke up and went out to pick blackberries around our property.  We had just enough to make a cobbler!  It was fun having all of us together to poke around in the briers!  We even came up on a fawn who we didn't know was around!  Of course she was too fast for me to get a picture of.


Thank you sweet Jesus for the pool.  It gives me a break and allows for good sleep for my babies!  Now let's talk about tattle-telling.  I cannot stand it!  This is why I'm not cut out for elementary age children.  My two kids currently reign supreme on tattle telling about everything under the sweet summer sun.  Any tips for me? 


This week was a fun mail week.  That little grouping of goodness came from the one and only Andrea over at Cloud Nine Blog.  I link to her a bit and I share her things on my blog Facebook page.  She's really became a wonderful blogging sister friend.  When she told me she was sending me something I was like a little kid, giddy with excitement!  I opened the package on Wednesday and it just brightened my day, week, even month!  

This box of fun came on Monday.  It was a pretty good score!

On Wednesday we got three Rhoade Island Reds for the chicken coop.  A big storm rolled through our downtown area and my husband was let off work due to the power being out indefinetly.  

Thursday was yard sale prep.  Ugh!  I tell you the work that you put into selling your stuff is crazy, right?  I never have huge yard sales and I've asked a friend to team up with me so we'll have more to offer passerbys.  

The weekend ahead is looking very relaxed. Our little town's annual tractor parade is Saturday so I know our little guy will want to attend that! We have no other plans except swimming and a cook out at my mom's house on Monday.  I just checked and my rum supply is in good shape for a long weekend around the house!  Now to figure out fireworks...

Let's recap this place, yo!








Holy moly I posted quite a bit over the week.  I'm not sure when that will happen again!

I hope you all have a super fun and super safe weekend!  If you're in the area come by the sale today!  
See ya next Tuesday!

xo -

Amanda












No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!