Wednesday, July 27, 2016

No wait - the LAST Wednesday already!?!?!


So it is already that time of the month?  Meaning the LAST Wednesday of July?  Seriously, summer slow down!

I'm going to be answering these questions just like I do each and every last Wednesday of the month.  Hang on tight and come into my world for a hot second, friend!


What we are eating this week - 

And I do not mind it!
Hmm.  I don't know.  HA!  Isn't that wonderful?  The bigger question is have I even been to the grocery store?  Last week I didn't go and I was living off eggs, waffles, and turkey burger patties.  Of course the kids were gone away for the week to the beach.  Oh to be a kid!  I can tell you that this week the kids have two Vacation Bible Schools on the calendar and it is in the 90s all week so we'll be eating super light.  Think chilled tomato soup with grilled cheese, pizza bites, tacos, etc.

What I'm reminiscing about -

Nana and the kids

As I just said up there my kids spent seven days at the beach with their nana.  Three days with all of us there and the remainder with just Nana and her husband.  So I was in a state of reminiscing about my pre-kid days.  Coming home from work and just doing what I wanted - nice!  I didn't have to worry about dinners, baths, laundry, dishes, breaking of fights, etc.  Oh how refreshing!  Then I realized I am so used to my littles that I would be happy when they got home on Saturday but still happy for reliving some of that pre-mommyhood freedom!

What I'm loving -


Feeling rested!  Getting some FaceTime with my bestie!  Chatting it up with a sweetheart I work with when school is in session (Joni rocks!).  Summer time is still here no matter what the ads and marketing firms tell you!  I also picked up a pair of Sketchers Memory Foam sneakers.  I bought some last July and LOVED them.  So when I found them for a mere $29 I had to go ahead purchase them.  We'll just forget the fact I have been sneaker less for a month.  So comfy and cute!

What we've been up to -



Feeling a little redundant here...July brought a lot of fun!  We had a great time celebrating the 4th with new friends.  I had strep throat.  Yeah that wasn't fun.  There have been countless hours in the pool.  Our weekend getaway to the beach that ended up being a week long get away for the kids was fabulous!  My husband got a new job - yeah kinda big news huh?  We've been getting along just fine because God is good!

What I'm dreading -

What's in my backpack: Tuesday by kaley-ii on Polyvore featuring polyvore, fashion, style, The North Face, Tory Burch, Lilly Pulitzer, Splendid, Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade, Vineyard Vines, ban.do, Nook, Sharpie, OtterBox, Katie, OPTIONS and mollysbtscontest:

Three words friends:  Back To School.  Ugh I'm not in the mood for pencils, binders, book bags, lunch packing.  However, I did clear off at least 50% of the supply list for third grade at Target this past weekend (17cent sales!)  I think it would be nice if the kids went back after Labor Day but this is the South and that is not happening.


What I'm working on -


Doing a three things theme for August on the blog!  I have three topics that my posts will revolve around all month long. I cannot wait to do this to support my blog style.
I'm also working on trying to grow my cleaning business a little more.  Three more houses will have me a happy girl!  Praying I can get them :)

What I'm excited about -

Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps:

Paying off some debt!  Woo hoo.  We have accrued a few medical bills (thanks Obamacare for screwing everyone over who gets regular healthcare from work, sorry not sorry that sh** pisses me off) that really baffle me.  Also, we're paying off some other things which will hopefully, please Lord, put us in a good place for September. 

What I'm watching -

I'm Sorry but I have no time for you with my heavy Real Housewives schedule.:
Real Housewives of OC - Can they please kick Vicki off the show, like now? 
NYC - Luann ugh go away!  And take Jules with you.  Dorinda such the stir girl.
NJ - I'm just so confused.
This is real housewife viewer heaven to have them all on at one time!
My husband and I just finished the current season of OINTB.  Gahhh, y'all I was so sad over a lot this season.  If you watch the show I imagine you felt sad too.  What a cliff hanger too!  
Last week I watched a movie - Atonement.  My friend Joni suggested it.  Whoa it was so good.  I recommend it if you haven't seen it!
Over the 4th we went to see Finding Dory.  As a huge Nemo fan I didn't really enjoy Dory as much.  Of course my son decided the movies weren't his thing while we were there so that probably had a lot to do with it.
I really want to have a mom's night out and go see Bad Moms!  

What I'm reading -


The Yonahlossee Riding Camp For Girls.  Pretty good read that I just finished.  I just hate how non NC authors get locations so screwed up when they write.  Just so you know Blowing Rock is not an hour from Asheville. Try two hours, honey.
Next up is Big Girl Panties.  I started it yesterday and it seems like it will be a good, quick read.
August will bring Lysa Terkeurst's new book Uninvited and I am so eager to read it.  I really hope my church will do a study on it.  Some of us could so use it...(me!)

What I'm listening to -

Hillsong United, random Texas bands on Amazon, whatever comes on the radio when I'm cleaning. If you haven't listened to Eric Church's Three Year Old you need to.  We all do - just stop what you are doing and do it now.  You'll see this on another post in August.  Be prepared.

What I'm wearing -


Sunday - Maxi Dress from Gap
Monday - My favorite shorts from Walmart, ON tank, with a lace tank under it.  


T-shirt and patterned shorts from ON

Shut up I took pictures to show you how non fabulous my summer clothing is!  Be proud Andrea!


What I'm doing this weekend -

I'll have to get back to ya on that one.  It is the first weekend of August right?  Oh my Lord!  The hubs and I need a dinner out together.  Maybe we could make that work?  Hmm, ideas!

What I'm looking forward to in August -

Last year's big trip!

Guys, this is my hair last August - it has grown about 5-6 inches in most layers since last year!  It is also A TON lighter thanks to chlorine, sunshine, and salt.  I refuse to show you a picture of my three inch roots LOL.  P.S. I hated my hair at this length in the picture, ugh hated it so badly!  It is deemed the Lanie Pope cut - a local meteorologist who rocks this cut from 2006-until the end.

Our BIG beach trip!  Oh I'm so happy!  Can I just stay down there?  A hair appointment because it has been three months and that means three inches of roots - not kidding!  My baby boy will be turning four on the 24th.  My daughter will start third grade on the 29th.  Oh my goodness what a month lies ahead.  I really don't want summer break to end but alas mama needs her school system income! HA!

I'm wishing you all a happy end to July and a fabulous start to August!  Come hang out with me over in ABW if you get a chance!


xo-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!