Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Packing (It All In) 101

We are prepping for a short beach trip and this girl is kinda like...


via GIPHY

If you know me then you know the beach is my happy place.  This year we have two family trips planned - this short one with my mom and her husband and another one in August.

As an OCD list maker and habitual over-packer I thought this time I would go as minimalist as possible.


via GIPHY

I know, I know - it is insane.  When you have kids (or are super high maintenance or OCD) you tend to go overboard on the luggage you fill with everything from your home.  My mission this trip is to only take, wait for it, three bags.


via GIPHY

Yeah, I'm trippin' on my new found less is more skillage.

OK here are my bags...

Bag Numero Uno

This bag holds the clothing.  The clothing for four human beings.  If we were all a 4T I would pack like this for every single trip I go on.  However, we are a 4T, 10/12, 6, and 28...

Since we'll only really be away for about two days total everyone gets to pack two outfits.  Outfits in this blog post means clothes you would not wear on the beach.  These outfits are also known as not bathing suits.  Each family member also gets to pack their pajamas, underwear (I realize you were wondering haha), and two swim suits.

Since the condo has a washer and dryer I'm not worried about taking multiple pairs of shorts, shirts, extra suits, etc.  A washer and dryer is so liberating when it comes to packing your family...seriously.

Bag deux or dos or number two.

This bag is the very important bag.  Well wait, the first bag was important too because clothing is kind of necessary if you want to be decent.  This bag is important because it holds our toiletries.  Deodorant is NOT optional...and neither is shampoo or oral hygiene toolage. So yes we will be clean.

Also in this bag are our chargers because what is life without cell phones, tablets?  I mean we're not quite Amish yet!

The LAST bag.

Inside this beauty you will find sunscreen, books, snacks, and one toy of each child's choice.  This may be known as the sanity bag and more properly labeled the beach bag.

What I'm not mentioning...

I have decided that each kid can take a backpack of things to do in the car for the four hour ride down to the coast.  Earlier in the summer I made some "school binders" for each bambino.  My daughter asked for cursive writing sheets and third grade prep.  My son has an alphabet workbook and sheets to work on writing his name.  Plus, a pack of crayons a piece will allow them to be all creative and draw and color.  Check out my Pinterest boards for more of this good stuff.

Being on the beach means drinking like you're in Margaritaville.  We'll have our cooler in tow.  It isn't a bag cooler so does it really count?

Does the what I'm not mentioning section negate all my other stuff in this post?  OH man.


via GIPHY

Well this brings me to my Pinterest 5 for this week!



Mini Vacation Packing Tips  was my search and here are the five I wanted to pass along!

12 Packing Hacks You Need To Know
I really love the idea of using press and seal to keep your jewelry organized!

7 Things You Need to Always Pack
Common sense stuff that we often overlook when we're packing.  No need to pack the whole medicine cabinet or First Aid kit anymore!

If you are traveling with kids this is a fabulous idea to reward them for patience!
I will be using this really awesome system to help my kids get through the ride.  They are pretty good little travelers but this will make it even smoother of a drive/ride!

A Weekend Get Away Check List
I love how this list remembers eye care!  I am always afraid I'll forget my "eyes"!

14 pieces to pack (Ladies)
I may or may not use this for this trip but the next - for sure!  Great, light pieces that can be stretched for ten days.

xoxox-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!