Monday, July 11, 2016

The Tribe-less Girls

A couple weeks ago a lot of bloggers were taking part in a link up about their tribes.  You know...the group of women they surround themselves with.  The group that helps lift them up, define them, and make them who they are.

I didn't link up.

I simply do not have a tribe.  And I realize I'm not the only one who is tribe-less.

It's part of who I am- I guess. Raising my hand to the fact I have issues with trusting people and letting my guard down.  Yes, I admit I have to research you by watching you like a hawk and listening like a bat when I'm in your presence before I can feel comfortable enough to crack my shell a bit around you.

When I do let the shell crack I can be pretty fun to be around.  I have dry humor and can support you like no other.  Its just that I have these issues with being comfortable enough to do it.  I'm not sure who you are and if you're going to unload on me like an assault rifle (please don't) or if you're going to be a pretty amazing human being!

I am the girl who always felt more comfortable with guy friends due to the fact they didn't stir the shit or have this ambition to pull out their inner cat.

Because I always will. My best friend deserves nothing less than the world because she is amazing. #blessed #bffluv:
This fits Ashley & I to a T!

Admitting:  I'm a lone ranger.  Well that's a lie I have my best friend - so I'm a semi lone ranger.

Part of this is because I'm the walking definition of a Scorpio.  I'm so protective over myself and family that I fail to drop my guard.  I don't trust easily. Guilty I have been of having had a lot of those types of friends that are friends of convenience and will drop you so fast you didn't know it happened.  Case in point:  I had a super close friend for years whom I haven't heard from since January and since January she's apparently got married, changed jobs, and is living it up in her new life.

It really hurts when you are written off and it makes you that much more defensive of yourself.  Episodes such as that leave you buttoning, zipping, and locking your guard into place.  When you're so close with someone and they so easily extract you from their life - I just don't have time for that.

But here's what you should know about us lone rangers in a world of tribes.  We get lonely.  We want to drop our guard but at the same time we're so afraid of being stabbed in the back we just cannot let go of that iron curtain we keep hanging up.

Does anyone else struggle with this, like I do? Oh my! ‪#‎moms‬ ‪#‎funny‬:

So before you judge that tribe-less chick you may want to get to know her a little first.  Make the effort to step up to the plate while she's trying to stifle her anxiety or predisposition to spectate.

You may just add one hell of a member to your own tribe and make her life a little less lonely.

xo-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!