Thursday, July 14, 2016

Book Wino Thursday

Today I'm linked up with Michelle at Grammie Time again!  I'm loving her topics and they are fitting with my summer perfectly.  Today we're all sharing what we are currently reading and also what we're sipping from our glasses!

How fitting is it that I am currently reading a book that Michelle shared a couple weeks back?



How I love this book!  It is set in 1938 and is a romance but the story is just captivating.  Here is the synopsis from Amazon....

Lily Dane has returned to Seaview, Rhode Island, where her family has summered for generations. It’s an escape not only from New York’s social scene but from a heartbreak that still haunts her. Here, among the seaside community that has embraced her since childhood, she finds comfort in the familiar rituals of summer.

But this summer is different. Budgie and Nick Greenwald—Lily’s former best friend and former fiancé—have arrived, too, and Seaview’s elite are abuzz. Under Budgie’s glamorous influence, Lily is seduced into a complicated web of renewed friendship and dangerous longing.

As a cataclysmic hurricane churns north through the Atlantic, and uneasy secrets slowly reveal themselves, Lily and Nick must confront an emotional storm that will change their worlds forever…


This is now available on Amazon Prime for $8.51!  Or you can check it out at your local library like I did :)

A couple weeks back I finished this book...



To just be blunt it is about a middle aged woman who is getting a divorce and becomes a crystal meth head.  I'm not kidding.  In the midst of it all are her two daughters - one grown and in a mountain of debt and the other in high school and in a mountain of a mess as she has became the class slut.

I felt the need to give you my snapshot of the book instead of Amazon's.  The book is good but it took me a bit longer to get through than normal.

This book is currently available via Amazon for $13.73 is you are a Prime member.

So what am I sipping on?

Wine wise...nothing special.  Barefoot Pinot Grigio - my cheap go to for summer sippers.  I love red wine but in the summer I prefer white.



Liquor wise....you know I am a pirate.  I mix my banana rum and dark rum with cranberry juice and sip away the day.


Happy Thursday!

Amanda

class=

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!