Friday, July 22, 2016

Fried-day

My title is in honor of the dog days of summer!  The hottest weather of the season has hit us in NC and everything on this post is a little fried!



National Ice Cream Day....at the beach!

What's the beach without a taco stand?

Dad & Little Man heading out to get their toes wet!

On our way to eat some seafood!


One:  Beach Weekend

Last Saturday we loaded up and left out for North Myrtle Beach.  Originally, the weather forecast showed nothing but rain but guess what?  It didn't!  We had sunshine and blue skies!  There is nothing better than some ocean and sunshine to make you feel better!  Oh and fried food - ADMITTING!  Yes I partook in french fries, fried oysters, fried pickles, buttered toast, and other very bad for me foods.
I was so thrilled that my husband got to go on this little trip.  He normally misses out on smaller trips in the summer because of his work schedule.  The kids loved having him with us too.
Since he had to be back at work on Tuesday and I have clients to keep happy (yay) with clean homes on Wednesday and Thursday we loaded up to come home on Monday evening.  

Just me, a book, the dog, and the water.  Peaceful!


Two:  A week with no kids?!?!

So  as we were leaving the beach my mom calls and asks if the kids can just stay the week with her at the beach.  Ummm....yes!  Look I love my babies but every mom likes a break!  Our brains and spirits can get really fried when we have small kids!  I can admit it!  I had a week of no referreeing fights or watching cartoons - it was heaven! Also, the ability to go through mounds of toys and clothes and properly organize their rooms was no less than fabulous.  Can I tell you that maybe I was too comfortable in the evenings not fixing a dinner and watching whatever I wanted to on the television?  And the pool...oh my lord the pool with no arguing was a true joy.  I love my babies and I am priveledged to have them and care for them but this week has been shear wonderment.  

#JesusSaves Bible Verse of the Day - www.air1.com/verse:
I have been praying for a new job opportunity for my husband.  Patience and prayer - worked!

Three:  The hubby got a new job!

On Tuesday my husband was offered a new job.  He had interviewed for it the week before and before we left for the beach a bug had been put in his ear that he got it.  Well guess what?  He did!  I am so proud of my hubby!  I am also super excited he'll be back in our regularly scheduled lives!  You may remember me saying he worked at night and well that puts a damper on family things. It fried me out being the parent in charge of all nightly rituals and routines. Now we will eventually readjust to dad being home in the afternoons/evenings and being apart of our every day.  

Atonement (2007) - I only liked the first half, when the little girl wasn't grown up yet.:
Pretty good flick!

Four:  I watched a movie.

This past week while I was on mommy sabbatical I watched a movie.  Now this is a big deal because I'm the type of person who will sit down to watch something and put myself on a guilt trip.  Yeah I'm the annoying human who thinks she has to be doing something at every moment of the day or night. Maybe that is why I am fried mentally all the time. Do they make medication for this?  Anyway, my sweet, beautiful, and did I mention pregnant with her first baby and I got to texting and she was giving me movies to check out on Netflix.  (By the way are you following me on SnapChat and Instagram?  You should be.) She said I should watch some Nicholas Sparks movie...no, J, no.  I had actually blogged about the one she wanted me to watch.  Anyway, I couldn't do Nikki Sparks so she says I should watch a Patrick Swayze movie that wasn't on Netflix.  No, girl, no.  So we settled on Atonement.  OMG it was a good movie!  Check it out I don't want to talk about it because I will give the entire story away but it was good!  And I sat through it and only got up ONE TIME.  

Five:  How do you feel about bachelorette parties?

My bestie is on her way to a bachelorette party this weekend.  We have had a few conversations about this over the course of the past two weeks.  Just so you all know me and my bestie are old.  We are ten years past getting wasted to get wasted.  And guess what?  The bride is wanting to get wasted to get wasted.  My bestie was thinking the cool thing to do would be get massages and facials at a day spa, visit a winery, have some good food...Not get knee walking drunk (we can insert another fried here) in a club of twenty somethings.  So y'all give some prayers for my girl for this weekend.  She's going to need them.  By the way, yes we are old.  Kids do that to you.  Meanwhile, this weekend I'll be welcoming my ducklings home and teaching Sunday School. 

I am really and truly so thankful for all of you! xo! Mrs. French. **create your own stunning Thanksgiving wishes with the Juju app!**:

Six:  Thank you!

This week I took time off from blogging because we were on our weekend getaway and then I had the house to myself.  I just want to say you blogger buddies and readers are so fabulous.  All the well wishes for my week were so sweet and taken fully!  There have been times I have thought of quitting my blog but it seems like every week I meet a new reader or form a stronger friendship with another amazing writer and you know it - I love you all.  

Now, let's go enjoy our Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!  I'll see you all on Monday with something, not sure what yet, but something!  Be sure to add me on your social media accounts.  I'm told you should really add me on Snap Chat...at least to hear what people say is my fried accent.  Touche.

Linked up with Katie & Christina

xoxoxox

Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!