Friday, July 15, 2016

Fri-Boom-Shak-A-Laka-Day

Hello you beautiful person!  And hello you beautiful day!  It is Friday as per the usual I'm linking up with the fabulous Katie and over at Christina's as well.

This week is a mix of notes and recap.  I thought I would change up my format a little bit!





This week started with what I am going to deem as my most favorite post - thus far - that I have written about girl life.  The term tribe for friendships is very trendy right now and also something you should totally celebrate if you are a member of one!  But if you're not or if you're wondering why not everyone identifies with a tribe then you should check out my post.  Not only was it my most read this post - wow on those numbers - it was also my most shared post in blog history.  Holy rum runners, y'all!

One thing I really enjoyed was reading your comments and seeing how you translated the post to identify.  My most favorite thing about writing, just like art, is that every time we write people interpret it so differently.  Sure, my own message was not quite matching up to what others read and gained from it but that is what makes writing and sharing so incredibly wonderful.

Thank you so much for your love, identification, and most of all sweetness in every comment, email, share, etc.  You guys are why I adore being a blogger and letting my writing continue!

Read the post here:




This week dragged in the dog days of summer.  Our temperatures hover between ninety and ninety-seven.  The humidity is about seventy percent most days.  I swear on Monday the air in North Carolina failed to move!  But don't think I am complaining.  Since I'm not suffering from breathing disorders I bask in the thick heat.



Of course it helps that we combat the heat by diving into the pool!  Last weekend we had one of our precious family days just hanging out in the water together.  My son was able to ditch the swimmies and swim like a little turtle all around the pool - he even started jumping off the diving board!  Our daughter was able to have a fun swim date at her friend's A&A's house and then spend a day at the water park with our church's elementary youth group.

When it is really hot and humid I don't want to eat very much.  Needless to say I'm not cooking that much this week so I shared another listing of stuff I am eating - I lovingly call it crap.  I'm going for more fruit and light as air foods this month.

Check out:





In our home we have three vehicles.
1.  A Kia Optima named Kelly.  She's actually the only one with a name because she is my regular ride.  I love my car and honestly cannot think of driving anything else on the regular at this point.  She is comfy and cozy.  She is a light drinker.  She's just a good girl.  Now, I should probably knock on wood because once you compliment a car something generally goes down.

2.  The Exploder, I mean Explorer.  This old piece of crap is nineteen and is my husband's daily driver.  I hate that car.  It is ugly, it is old, and when you are in it you get a simulation of being in a blender.  It rattles and shakes and sounds like it may bust apart.  A couple weeks ago the radiator shared that it had a hole in it with us and that was just plain out delightful.

3.  The Chevy.  Our full size truck and the vehicle of choice for longer drives and vacations.  It is large and comfortable but it is so very bad on gas.  Where my car is the light drinker the Chevy is a full blown alcoholic.  This is the only vehicle we are making any payments on so I love it but I hate the damned thing too.

We're about to take off on a mini get away to the coast.  Since we're not going to be there very long we realize we don't need to pack the entire house and half of Walmart.  That means we're taking Kelly Kia instead of the Chevy (I really need to name her!  Maybe Shelly Chevy?)  That also means we're extremely limited on packing.  This is not a fete I am generally good at.  Packing light means I forget 75% of what I need or end up having 1.5 outfits.  I posted my plan as well as my Pinterest 5 for he light packing trial on Wednesday.

The post:



Friends, I'm sad.  I finished a fabulous book on Wednesday night - after cleaning and organizing and watching RHONY.  The book was so good I could sit down and read so many chapters at one time.  Lately, for me I have been struggling to really get into anything I am reading but this one was the book that changed that.  If you need a good summer read and you can stomach a romance then you need to read 


set in the 1930's on the coast of Rhode Island.

Next up I am starting:

 



Is best summed up like this...

Typography Pt. 01 by Manas Pratim Sarma #typography #typostrate:




Next week will be limited over here at ABW.  I have some posts that will be publishing out but I won' be able to respond to comments and emails quite as quickly as normal.  I'm taking a little time to myself.  You can still catch me on some of my social media accounts though!



Have a wonderful weekend.

xo-
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!