Friday, July 29, 2016

Goodbye July - It is Friday

July ends this weekend.  I'm sad about that.  I mean, summer just started, right?  So now we're in a month that is linked up with the end of summer.  Pass the tissues.

Moving on to my five...oh and you should know I am linked up with the fabulous Katie and cute Christina!



This week the kids were super busy with two VBS venues!  One in the morning and one in the evening - they loved it!  It made our days more fun and there were fewer arguments to break up!  Both kiddos came home from the beach totally worn out and the littlest with a nasty cough.  A day later my daughter developed a summer cold.  She was so worn out and even napped on her own accord!

Yeah #reallife 
They turned out cute!

We tried out the Chocolate Pen my daughter got last Christmas (bahahaha) on Monday afternoon.  That thing makes some yummy candies!  It is so fun to do these types of activities now that the kids are older.  They really enjoy taking part and don't really lose too much interest or argue.

Thank goodness for the pool!  Especially when the AC is out!


Our air conditioning went out this week.  Yep, the hottest week on record this summer here in North Carolina.  Luckily, it was a quick and easy (and cheap) fix.  I think that having grown up in a house cooled by a window unit I have a tough skin when it comes to hot weather and hot houses.  The heat didn't bother me much but I worried about my kids being too hot.  Now that I admit that I'm wanting to kick my own butt!
That's me pounding some pavement.  I wonder how stupid I look trying to take an incognito picture while in motion...

I got back to my exercise regimen this week.  Unfortunately, my new sneakers were epic failures.  I should have known I can't do a cute shoe.  I need a real cross trainer.  So my mission is to get some good new shoes this weekend.  Its an investment, hush.

Hello August | via Tumblr on We Heart It.. Summer will soon end and once gain fall comes calling with it's crisp air and burnished leaves of gold.  TG
I just cannot.

Next week will be busy in my little world with appointments and work and VBS at our church.  I'm hoping to get some time to reset and refocus as life kicks up a tiny notch.  It looks like August is going to be a super duper busy month.




This week on the blog...





As always thank you so much for reading my mush and gush. 

Now go have an amazing end to July 2016.  I'll see you all fresh and spiffy in August!

xoxoxox
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!