Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What's going on in NC this weekend....



Another weekend is drawing near.  Nothing beats a summer weekend in North Carolina!  Here is a round up of some events going on in the Old North State!

Head to West Jefferson for some free music with Tuatha Dea (Celtic, tribal, gypsy) on Friday from 5:30-7:00pm.  This is part of the Backstreet Park Music Series.



The Pisgah Forest is having a Bug Day on Saturday from 9-5.  A focus is on pollinators.  The day will have fun for kids of all ages and will have you scavenging for bugs in several of the mountains cool ecosystems.  This is brought to you by the Cradle of Forestry.

Orange County (the other OC) is having their Hog Day on Saturday. This is the 33rd year for this event which has gained national attention!  Free music, games, car show, and fun PLUS a BBQ cook off!



Hammocks Beach State Park is having a Kayak Tour this weekend!  They have the kayaks, the life jackets, and the fun all ready for you!  Space is limited and sign ups began last month - check with Hammocks Beach State Park if you want to attend.  Go see the awesome wildlife that calls this part of the OBX home.  Plus your in a kayak so you should be happy (I would be!).

Ongoing in Raleigh....Starring North Carolina at the NC Museum of History.  Check out film props from many of the movies filmed in this awesome state.  Movies like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bull Durham, Blue Velvet and more.  Did you know nearly 3,000 movies have been filmed here?

If you're in my area:

The WS Dash are playing the Salem Red Sox this weekend - take dad!  On Sunday they'll have a band playing prior to the game for a 90 minute set.  This band consists of members of REM (remember them?).  They have a whole set of songs they have written about America's sport - baseball!

Image result for raffaldini

Head to Ronda, NC on Sunday for a wine and food pairing at Raffaldini Vineyards - Tuscan wine with Italian foods....mmmm sounds good!

And finally....



You can pine with some other women who are heart broken our little (40 year old) Dale Jr is getting married.  He and his honey pie announced their engagement via social media.  He popped the question in Germany this week.

Pretty sure that's not the possible tiger or bull shark that is all about eating arms.  I believe that's our old pal Jaws.  However, the women who have dreamed of having the last name Earnhardt may be looking this way for a few months to come....

It seems that the NC coast is so adored that now the sharks want in on the action.  They've always been there but now they are making their presence even more well known.  I have been laughing at the tips to prevent a shark attack.  I would say the best way is to stay out of the water.  But I am no professional.

See ya later guys!















3 comments:

  1. We went to Raffaldini Vineyards last fall with some friends and had the best time! A gorgeous location with fabulous wine. Are you in Winston? I lived there from age 10 until I went to college and my parents are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard the news about Jr! I never thought I'd see the day! If I was in NC this weekend I would be spending the entire day somewhere air conditioned. My friend in Mocksville said it's gonna be 99 tomorrow! My pale white skin would be sizzling!! But I know you love the heat, so enjoy! Just be sure to put on some sunscreen for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Head to Ronda, NC on Sunday for a wine and food pairing at Raffaldini Vineyards". NC wine is good? I've truthfully never heard of it, but from what I know of the Tarheel State it'd be perfect wine country!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!