Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday 5

It has been one busy week around here, guys!  With the end of school officially happening next Thursday I've been diligently volunteering and getting in a few work days too.  I hope your week has been fantastic and your weekend is looking great as well.

My five for this week are.....Summer Staples!





1.  Ocean Minded Women's Del Mar Flip Flops by Crocs

An all leather flip flop from Crocs....I got these a couple months back and honestly, they are awesome.  They are also very inexpensive as compared to the other leather flip flops.  I paid about $25.00 for mine!  Supplies are now limited but click here to see if your size remains in stock!




2.  Costa Del Mar Sunglasses

I guess it is part of getting old....or years of sun worship....or a combo of the two!  This year I have noticed that my eyes cannot handle the sun like they have in previous years.  Literally, after our first pool day I was in tears of pain from the way the sun was burning my eyes.  Yes, I had on sunglasses and yes they may have been from the dollar bin....hey I lose them like crazy!
I did some research as to what I needed for my eyes.  It came down to two sunglasses companies - Maui Jim and Costa Del Mar.  I think they are both awesome companies who make a great product.  However, after an awesome sales associate helped me maneuver through all the different lenses AND take them outside to actually try the products out it was clear I needed to get the Costa's.

I went with the Cat Cay's with a grey lens that basically removes all yellow light and refracts it in a different way so that I can see and not cry when I'm on the water, in the yard, or paddling along.  I did settle for a basic pair...so I may be missing out on my fun sunglasses but my eyes are healthier because of these things, so take that!


Pure Sun Defense Despicable Me Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50, 6 fl oz

3.  A lot of SPF

We live at the pool during the summer (the beach is 3.5 hours away, sad face).  I keep my kids covered in SPF and I also keep myself covered as well.  This year I picked up this stuff in the cream form (I don't use spray for the initial sunscreen application).  My kids love it because it has a minion on it (way to go marketing) and I love it because that little minion makes putting it on them so much easier.

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sunscreen SPF 30, 6 oz

I have learned that nothing really gets you an SPF level of 50 and most sunscreens stop around 24.  I cover my kids in 50 (knowing this) I guess it makes me feel better?  I generally pick up a little Hawaiian Tropic for myself.  That smell, ya'll....ahhhhh!



4.  Rum

I tend to put the wine to the side.  I'm not a big beer drinker.  However, when the temps go up and bare feet are the norm I like my rum.  Only clear rum!  I don't do brown rum.  Clear rum I mix with lemonade, orange juice, a Bacardi mixer from the frozen section....mmmm I think Jimmy Buffet is my real dad.




This is a lame stock photo because I cannot get my photos right now.
5.  Good Friends!

Summer time and friends go hand in hand!  We love to have friends over for cookouts and bonfires in the summer.  Its just such a wonderfully, laid back time of year.  I hope this year will be the same even though this summer is bringing some slight changes to the typical schedule.  I'm hoping to get something going for every Saturday or Sunday of the summer.  I love to plan fun stuff so we can have people who make us laugh right beside us!










Image result for www.momfessionals

3 comments:

  1. I own a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, worth every single penny! I have the same problem with my eyes (age for sure) and the glare is horrible on them. I got the polarized and anti-glare ones and they make all the difference. Even on cloudy days. I agree, summer and friends, go together! Enjoy your weekend with some. Visiting from Friday Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those flip flops! And I must find some of that minion sunscreen! My kids go into meltdown mode when it's time to put the sunscreen on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need new sunglasses! I will be looking into those 2 brands!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!