Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Around the Home






What's going on around this place?  A lot of outdoors stuff!

Now we're reading for shutters!


Over the holiday weekend, my husband pressure washed our house.  He did a great job!  It looks really good.

He also washed our deck!  Wow, its amazing to see mildew wash right off wood.  We still need to stain it at some point.

In honor of summer and Memorial Day (and the soon to be here July 4th holiday) we purchased an American Flag and hung up.  We honestly do have a very pretty flag for our country.  Much appreciation to the men and women who defend it every single day.

Another big project was building another flower bed.  At the old home site my husband had built me some gorgeous rock beds.  We spent Monday moving dirt and hundreds of rocks over to the new home site where he made me a beautiful flower bed!


I swear that's just a buddy fruit and nothing more!  Silly look!

Little Man assisted in planting flowers and putting in garden soil.





I also changed up a flower bed I had planted in the spring to more conducive to the area plants.



I had HUGE goals of a large garden this year.  Unfortunately, they aren't going to come to fruition.  The kids and I purchased two cherry tomato plants to grow in terra cotta pots on our deck.  Next year all I can say is, watch out!

Inside....

Remember my family room?  I threw out the furniture and converted it back into a play room.  I'm still trying to decide exactly what I want to do with this room.  But for now.....




It serves an important purpose...housing the legos :)











While I'm Waiting...Waiting on...Wednesday link-up

2 comments:

  1. Everything is coming along great!! Love that playroom and all those LEGOS!! Fun!!! Have a happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Amanda! Thank you so much for linking up with Waiting on...Wednesday! Your house looks great and I love the flower bed around the tree! We just finished up a room in our house - took us 8 years to finally get it done! But, so worth the wait! I hope you'll be back next week! Have a great day!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!