Thursday, June 11, 2015

Some tears, some partying, and a bucket list!




We made it to the last day of first grade. I'm filled with assorted emotions as we wrap up the second year of elementary school.  If you want to know how quickly the days, months, and years pass by - just have a child.  The sleepless nights and what seems like long days quickly pass and before you know it you have a seven year old.  In my case, she's very independent and self sufficient and seems to be light years ahead of how her mom and dad were at her age.  She has a love for books and all things girly but still loves to cuddle up with you before bed time.  My girl has grown by leaps and bounds this year.  (She's even gained three inches in her height.)  I'm watching the baby I mama beared turn into a young lady full of dreams and ambitions.  My heart is so full and I am sad and thrilled with delight over this little lady my husband and I have worked so hard to grow into a beautiful flower.

Last night I found myself teary eyed seeing children I remember as little babies prepare to exit elementary school and move to middle school.  How quickly that happened!  Shouldn't they still be little bitties?  No, they should not be.  Even though we want to keep them in little capsules our job is to raise them not limit them and wish for days gone by.  We invest so much we have to accept the point of investment and letting them grow into amazing people.

I see excited soon to be graduates of the local high school that I remember from their daycare days. There's one very special young lady graduating that I led in 4H eight years ago who will don the camp and gown on Saturday. My mind just cannot wrap around the concepts of how quickly the munchkins turn into young adults.  And, honestly, my heart aches to realize that now I am a parent of a rapidly growing child. I feel that my next blink will open my eyes to my own daughter's move to middle school....high school....college.

This is a celebratory time.  Another year of knowledge gained and wings spread a bit farther.  A time for us - the parents - no matter what age our kids are - to take a minute and thank God for the gift of another year.  Another summer to enjoy the moments that will take wings and fly by.

If you're like me and a little weepy just remember - you're doing a good job mama and daddy.  Keep on keeping on.  You've got this....even though its hard.

-------

Image result for celebrate summer

Today we will celebrate the end of this chaotic school year by:

1) Attending Awards Day.

I'm not sure if my child will get an award but I will be there no matter what.

2) Having a small pool party with good friends.

One of my besties from those crazy adolescent years and her two kiddos are going to join us for pizza and pool time!

3)  Staying up late and eating bad food!

Because that's how you roll at the end of the school year.

------



Bullard Summer Bucket List 2015


Camp at Jellystone again!
Camp somewhere new!
Go to the Childrens Museum
Visit SciWorks
Visit the Discovery Center in Huntersville
Tweetsie!
Go bike riding in Todd, NC
Get some cows
Build a new chicken coop
Craft more
Paint pictures
Have Sunday evening cookouts with friends
Lazy Tuesdays at the movies
C read 50 books
A read 10 books
Kayak
Fish more
Swim every day


Some are a little out there (I don't think we're getting any cows) but when you're 7 the sky is the limit!  We have other things we want to do but they came in after the list was made.  :)














5 comments:

  1. Hello. Nice bucket list. I hope you get to get some knocked off this summer. Good luck.

    My son will be 1 year old in 19 days. Seems like i just brought him home from the hospital. He is growing up fast. Time does fly by when you have children. Hope you have a great dat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a sweet post. Congrats, mama, on your {not so} little one finishing first grade. Love your summer bucket list - I have GOT to get on it and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finally reaching summer break - enjoy it!

    Stopping by from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect end of the year celebration to me! 50 books? Wow! I think my goal was 4!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Librarian in my is loving that 50 book goal!!! And c'mon get those cows!! That'd be great to blog about!! :) Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!