Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Food, Food, Food!

Whoa its been ages since I did one of these posts!  I decided to fire this topic back up since summer is here and the kids are home for more meals.  To change it up a bit I will be posting our weekly menu.  Feedback is welcome as is sharing the post and you sharing your recipes as well!  Collectives are fun.

This week in the kitchen:


1 - Chicken was on sale at Harris Teeter

Hello chicken salad!  I'm making a large batch for lunches and for dinners this week/weekend.  It generally stays fresh for about 5-7 days and then I chunk it (if there is any left).

My husband likes very fine chicken salad with mayo online.  I like it a bit more coarse with sweet pickles and apples and grapes.

How do you like your chicken salad?

Creamy Bruschetta Chicken

2 - Did I say chicken was on sale at Harris Teeter?

I'm going to make some Bruschetta Chicken on the stove top.  Serving it with some rice.  Yumm-o!  This is a Knorr's recipe and I plan to tweak it a bit to my liking.  It calls for a tomato, some basil, garlic, and mozzarella.  I will let you know how it goes!  (Serving with salad)

3 - Steak, Steak, Baby

No, I'm not eating a baby.  I also got a great deal on some steak at Harris Teeter.  So we will fire up the grill for that.  (Serving with grilled veggies)

4 - Taco Night!

Because its so easy.


Snacking on....

Yoplait light yogurt cups (.37 last week at Harris Teeter)
Peaches (coming in season now from Eastern NC and SC)
Grapes
String Cheese

Guilty Pleasure....

Smores


Ok share your menu, tonight's dinner plan, your guilty pleasure....just get your foodie self talking!




2 comments:

  1. I posted a recipe today too! Great minds think alike! I love bruchetta chicken! YUM!! As for my chicken salad, I like it very fine with celery, onions, and mayo! Sometimes I like a little tarragon in it too. I think dinner tonight is hot sausages on the grill with peppers and onions. Last night was taco night (we pretty much have tacos every week).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I (normally) do a Tasty Tuesday post every Tuesday but I took May off! Those peppers you posted looked divine! I'm adding that to my list and the fam will have to get over it! I changed up my chicken salad yesterday and boy am I glad I did! I will be sharing it soon. Mmmm hot sausages sounds great - a total staple here in the summer and fall!!!! Taco Tuesday ROCKS! xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!