Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday 5

5 favorites from this week....

(Computer is being difficult so my pictures aren't on here but they can be found over at my IG "abrownieworld" :))

Linked up with Momfessionals


1 - VBS aka mom break!  One of the local churches had VBS all week for (get this) age - fifth grade.  Yes, folks, BOTH my babies were able to attend.  It isn't every day you find a VBS with a class for little bitties.  I am so very appreciative for that time both for my kids to play and learn and grow and for me to be able to get some things accomplished!

2 - Wednesday with Little Man.  My daughter spent Wednesday with friends at Tweetsie Railroad so the Little Man and I headed to Greensboro for the morning.  He is such a sweet little guy and we had so much fun together.  I'm trying to devour this time because it goes by so quickly.

3 - A finished deck.  I haven't really had a deck/porch for about three weeks.  OK actually a month.  The process of pressure washing and staining was delayed a bit due to schedules.  On Wednesday it was completed!!!  I love having it back to use for meals and grilling and just hanging out.

4 - Beautiful Ruins the first book of the summer for me is now read.  I enjoyed it and thought it to be quite touching.  I love how the author ties up loose ends and tells us what happened to everyone in the story (the accessory characters) and how he leaves sadness away from the last few pages.  You should read it if you haven't.

5 - Peaches!  My favorite farm has their main crop (peaches) out at the Farmer's Market (Colfax, NC).  I bought a bucket the other day and made a peach cobbler with half of them.  Peaches are my favorite fruit and I can eat them all day any day.  Summer is just so fabulous!

And one more... 6 - Summers at the library. Free fun and the kids love every second of it. ----
A photo posted by Brownie (@abrownieworld) on
Happy Father's Day Weekend to you and your father, husband, and or special father figure in your life.  I hope you have a wonderful celebration!

----

Blog recap for this week:

Camping 101: Things to keep in the pop up camper
Toy Review: The Tornado
What's Going on In NC This Weekend
I Think (Thursday)







1 comment:

  1. I also love peaches! It is my favorite fruit. I will be posting a peach gazpacho soup recipe soon! It's a great recipe. - Seri from www.serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!