Wednesday, June 10, 2015

To The Graduate {2015}

It's time for my yearly post.



Hey, you, graduate!

Over here, the thirty-something who you think is old.

Yeah, me.

Can I have your attention for like a couple minutes?

Congrats on finishing your high school experience.  Even though I may not know you, I am proud of you.  You finished up 13 years of state mandated education without being a punk and dropping out.

Pat.on.the.back.

Where are you headed now?

College?  Cool, enjoy it, eat it up, but get your work done and give it all you have.  It will pay off.

Work?  Good for you.  I'm not one of those people who thinks that college is for every single human being on the earth.  It isn't.  Hopefully, you have found a niche or occupation that fits you nicely and will allow you to move up over time.  If your dream job doesn't allow for that then you need to invest in some more education.  I'm just looking out for you, okay?

Unsure?  Well don't stop learning.  Enroll in a class or two at a community college.  I don't care what it is - Art, Nutrition, Underwater Basket Weaving.....just don't stop your education because you're "tired of school".... you will regret that move in a few years.

You were meant to do something wonderful.  It may not seem very fabulous to you right now.  Heck, it may not be clear what that "it" is.  But here's the deal - no matter what - you have a talent unlike any other and it was put in you to make a mark on the world.

A mark that could be a tiny ripple that leads to the biggest, most amazing wave.

Don't cut yourself short.  Not now, not in the fall, and not ever.

Go.

Do.

Be.


You have this.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!