Thursday, June 25, 2015

5 Things From the Past 7 Days

Bye June.

I said that the way you would say Bye Felicia.

But I'm sad....so quickly it all just blows by.

Here are five things from the past seven days of my life that you may giggle, smile, and roll your eyeballs over.

Image result for momfessionals friday five



1  Father's Day Weekend - Saturday




I went to hell for my husband.  Seriously.  He wanted to go to Linville Caverns in Linville, NC.  Sounds just dandy (to him).  I was thinking:  I will do this.  I will not complain.  I will do this.

I suffer from claustrophbia.

That means I don't do caves.

I especially do not do caves when 90 other people are in them and they think its cool to go into total darkness.

But I did it....with a racing pulse and intestinal system that was so tense it turned against me and left me very ill for about 90 minutes.

Never again.

2  Father's Day Weekend - Sunday




We visited my father-in-law for a few hours.  He likes the whole grandpa thing.  His wife also does the grandma gig quite well.  The kids enjoyed playing and going for rides to check out the pastures and cows.

I snapped some great pics.  Now if I can remember to print and frame them for him.

3 Father's Day Weekend - Sunday PM






We wrapped up the day by doing what all dad's love to do....throwing their kids around in the water.  Our kids LOVE to be tossed into the deep end.

4  Food

My kitchen for the summer....

I love seafood...we used to fix salmon several times a week but stopped in the past month.  This week we purchased some and threw it on the grill.  I love to marinate it in a mix of dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce....mmmm good!

I also adore some burgers, ya'll for real.  I grilled burgers on Wednesday night and stuffed myself silly.  I like to marinate my burgers in worcestershire sauce (i love the stuff guys) and sprinkle a mix of garlic and parsley on them.  Generally they sit in the marinade for an hour.  Mmmmm.

My favorite pool food is so bad for me.  OK I'll just admit it....salt & vinegar potato chips.  Mmmm.

5 Surprise Trips



When they happen....they are awesome.  More to come later.







3 comments:

  1. I want to go on a surprise trip!! Can't wait to hear about yours! Looks like you had a busy and fun (minus the cave part) Father's day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt and vinegar chips....Yes please! And June flew by around here as well. Your story of the cave,that would be hard to be claustrophobic and get through it. Good job! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, we LOVE salmon and now I must try your marinade - that sounds delicious! With a side of salt & vinegar chips, that's my kind of dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!