Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tasty Tuesday


When it is cold I want soup.

I really love some Italian Wedding Soup.  Reasons for loving it?  It is light (except the meatballs) and just delicious.

This week I'm sharing my, very easy, recipe for Italian Wedding Soup....



What you need:

1 bag of precooked, frozen meatballs.  I do not use the Italian style because I hate the flavor.
2 large cartons of reduced sodium chicken broth
4.5 oz of frozen chopped spinach
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of EVOO
1 small onion finely chopped
Salt & Pepper for taste
1 tablespoon of flour
1 egg lightly beaten mixed with half a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese

In a large pot, I always use a chef's pot, pour in your broth, meatballs, spinach, garlic, EVOO, onion, s&p.  Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about twenty minutes.

After your simmer time stir the soup with one hand while pouring the egg cheese mixture in.  Keep it in motion so you don't have scrambled eggs!!!  About three minutes.

Serve with garlic bread sticks!

Mmmm.

Stay warm....

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I adore Italian Wedding Soup and for whatever reason have never thought of making my own. I will now!! Thank you!

    Beckey
    http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/queensbsbusywork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do make this! It is so good, especially on these crazy winter evenings.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!