Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: Love This Recipe




Mmmm.  I love Chinese food. However, I do not like all the junk they add in in those highly bad for you take out places!  (MSG anyone?)
I remember a few college valentines that consisted of chinese take out and champagne.  In lieu of those fun memories I wanted to share with you my take on homemade & healthy:

 That White Girl's Chicken Lo Mein



Here's what you need:

I used a chef's pot to prepare this dish.

1 1/2 - 2 pounds of uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed

3-4 organic carrots cut into 3-4 inch sections (I halved the carrots then cut into sections to get more carrots for my buck)

1 regular red or orange pepper cut into 2 inch pieces

1 bunch of scallions chopped into 2 inch pieces

1 box of pot size linguine

Half a tablespoon of minced garlic

2 tablespoons of EVOO

1/4 Cup of low sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoon of sugar

1 tablespoon of flour

32oz of reduced sodium vegetable stock

I sprayed my chef's pot very lightly with Baker's Joy

Over high heat I placed the chicken, noodles, veggies in the pot

I then poured in my vegetable stock and soy sauce

I let it boil for a hot second (that means about two minutes)

Then added the dry ingredients and finished up by pouring in the EVOO


Put the lid on the pot and let it cook for about 25 minutes, stirring it around every 8-10 minutes. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, veggies and pasta tender, and liquid absorbed it is ready to eat!

The entire family loved this dish.

It has a lot of flavor and no MSGs!

Since its starch, vegetable, and meat we ate it alone with no sides.

But this girl does love a good egg roll!








2 comments:

  1. Sounds good and easy! I'm thinking Friday night dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm it is sooooo good and soooo fresh! Yes you should make it on Friday and you better have a DATE on Saturday!!!!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!