Sunday, February 8, 2015

Random Sunday Post



Hey guys.  I don't normally post on Sundays but today my heart says to.  I have a few reasons....

To give praise - today is supposed to be very warm (think Spring 60's) and that means that my little family will be outside and enjoying play time together.  We'll smile in the warm sunshine and wish every day could be as wonderful as this day.

To give thanks - tomorrow would be my Mamaw Nancie's 82nd birthday.  She's not here to celebrate with us anymore but I thank God for the 23 1/2 years he allowed me to be in her life and she to be in mine.  My heart longs for her every day I breathe but I know she's in the most glorious of places and she gets to see my babies and her other two great grands. Last night she came up in a conversation I was having with my 7 year old.  As the conversation dwindled down my little Diva said, "I wish I had known her."  I nearly broke and cried but I just smiled and said, "She knows you."

My daughter has the eyes of her Great Grandma and Late Great Grandpa.  I told her I felt like God wanted me to see those eyes again and so He gifted her the familiar eyes of my mamaw and dad-o.  My God is full of love like that.  Never let anyone tell you otherwise.  I thank God for the peace that is knowing when those we love leave this world they go to a world of perfection and peace.  Happy Birthday Mamaw.

To give glory - all weekend I have struggled with fear. I missed an important phone call on Friday due to not getting home until after 5.  Friday night was spent in fearful tears and seeing how weak I truly am and how strong He is. All the bad running rampant through my brain. Saturday was spent trying to be the tough kid and not show any fear.  Sunday is here and I will rest in the promises and renew my faith. Whatever I hear tomorrow is nothing that cannot be handled by my faith and the love that surrounds me from all angles.  If it is news that isn't so bad I will praise!  If it is news that isn't so good I will cling to Him and still praise His power!  I am not expected to go at anything alone - He goes before me and then holds my hand as He turns to walk with me.  He will stand behind me and not let me fall.   I am His creation and His work in progress.



Give thanks for the blessings today.  Be aware of the gifts.  Live in love and peace.





1 comment:

  1. Hope all is OK my friend :)
    You lucky 60 degree duck! It's going to be 29 degrees here today with up to a foot of snow expected through tomorrow night! I am officially jealous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!