Monday, February 23, 2015

Around the Home


Today I bring to you....The Family Room!




This room used to be the Play Room but I decided, after everything happened, I did not want another room to be a catch all for the kid's toys.  Today the majority of the toys are in their bedrooms and we have a kid friendly living room to hang out in before bed time and when they have friends over.

I love this room.

The walls are Montpelier Ashlar Gray from Valspar (Lowes).  This color makes me melt, it is calming and comfortable and basically works as a darker neutral.  



See that trunk?  I have had it since college.  I love that thing!  It fits this room great too.

I paired the paint with this rug by Threshold (Target).  I adore the arrangement of golden yellow, cream, and gray.  The furniture is second hand that we purchased four years ago from a friend.  I didn't want new furniture in a room kids could relax in...I bet you understand!


The walls are a bit bare right now but I'm not too worried about it.  I tend to not rush to find art work and wall decor because I want to fall in total love with what I buy.

Yes I said it was the playroom but old habits die hard ya know....

Most of you know I'm a bargain betty so many of the items I found to re-decorate with were lucky clearance finds or purchased with a lot of strategic couponing and or gift card usage.  I have a huge issue with choosing curtains.  When I found this valence at Goodwill with the tags still attached I was over the moon.  $3?  SOLD!


All of our rooms have Plantation Blinds in them (except the bathrooms and kids rooms).  I found Bali ones at Target for $14 and Lowes Home Improvement had a house brand for $18.  If you're looking do check both of those stores!

And I'm doing this backwards but I just want to throw in that "shock" or "wow" factor...this room prior to the changes?  Well see for yourself:




Slight change, no?  





Speaking of bargains.....I have one for you!




Do you like to cuddle up with a good book during these cold, nasty days and nights?  One of my fabulous blog friends, Joey Hodges, wrote a great book Yeah, Maybe ---- this week ONLY you can score it on Amazon for $1.99!!!  Go ahead and download that baby for a good winter snow read or for your spring break choice.  From Joey:

For quiet, reserved, and focused 15 year old Annie Mackey, school was a sanctuary.  But when her bubbly and beautiful neighborhood best friend joins her at Willow Point High for freshmen year, her world is turned upside down.

Everything Annie could count on for stability is shattered, and she's left feeling more alone than ever before.

Just when she's about to lose all hope, someone unexpected swoops in and gives her a much needed lesson in perspective.


GO BUY IT!  I will be showing this off all week on the blog....mad love!





4 comments:

  1. I love the rug!! and I am with you on not rushing to buy wall art! It takes me forever to get stuff on the wall!! I want to make sure it is truly what I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I got that rug when I did! By January it was out of stores!

      Delete
  2. Oh man I love plantation blinds!!! And woman! Thank you for sharing the book info!! It is, however, most definitely fiction :-). Don't need anyone thinking I wrote about real events/people haha! My life was dramatic but luckily not as bad as Annie's haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin that rug!!! And I love plantation blinds too! We have them in almost every room of the house. Actually, I would love some REAL plantation shutters, but I haven't won the lottery yet!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!