Thursday, December 4, 2014

The BIG Move: Week 14

My goal was to be moving in next Friday/Saturday.  
This goal has not been stomped into the ground and covered with dirt....yet. 
I do realize we're looking at starting the move on Sunday, December 14th now. 

Last weekend the husband cleaned up everything around the outside of the house.  I got over there after my kids had childcare and helped him get up the rest of the extra foundation block.  

We also placed the mailbox but then were told we had to move it (shocker us have that kind of luck?  Never!)  We haven't done that yet but will be doing that very soon.  

I have a total positive feeling we will be moving next weekend!  Don't steal my joy people!

Monday brought the ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE!  
Yeah, don't get excited.  
They started doing an aerial line and we were supposed to have an underground line.  They had to stop and leave.  An engineer showed up and did his song and dance and said I had to pay $450 to put it underground.  
Knife to the gut.  
(We kinda don't have a Donald Trump money chest sitting around anywhere...)  

Anyway, I paid it and realized I do like stale bread for breakfast and beans for lunch and dinner until I'm taken off this earth.

On Tuesday the sheet-rock guys arrived to start hanging the walls.  
They got a lot of work done but they didn't get it finished.  
Their schedule is a bit hectic so they had to go elsewhere on Wednesday.

Then they surprised me and were back TODAY!



On Wednesday the power peeps had returned and marked the ground with electric company codes.

Today is Thursday and I had it in my mind today would be day one of painting.  
Yes, I am wrong.  

Painting may commence on Tuesday of next week.

Notice how I slide the word may in there?

Today I did FINALLY pick out the flooring!!!  I am so excited - soooooooooo excited!

Tavern Oak is the WINNER!

We are falling a bit behind but I cannot let that get me down.  

My hopes are:

1.  The sheet-rockers finish tomorrow but reality says Monday.  They haven't brocaded the ceilings.

2.  The power company decides to do the job and shows up FRIDAY and puts the juice in my house.
3. My awesome HVAC guy can then return and make sure the units are working properly.  The house can get warm and then the floors can be laid next Friday.

4.  I can show an AWESOME update next week that includes the walls having color on them and not sheet rock gray.



I appreciate your prayers and kind words and encouragement.  
That means so much....you just don't know.
My children WILL be cozy in their beds in their own rooms at our house when the big fat man in red brings them their gifts.
We got this.









1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for you!!! Back in your house by Christmas- AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!