Monday, December 8, 2014

Dear Santa: Diva's List

My seven year old made her a list a few weeks ago for Santa.  I went through it and thought, why not share some of this?  Seven year old girls tend to have a few similarities in their likes and dislikes.  Maybe this will help you as you make your way down your shopping this season!



I have to let you know...I was in the middle of making collages when my creator just died so enjoy this collage.  The rest are gone with the wind.  

The first part of the list is the BIG stuff!  Diva asked Santa for a Dream House.  She was hot and heavy on this for months and then she slacked off of it a bit.  When she made her list this was number three.  

Being the mama, I can tell you my child needs some outfits.  We have hit a spot where nothing from last year fits and nothing is cute anymore!  It seems when your child hits a size 7 a lot of stores think that is the beginning of the teen years.  I hate the clothing options for young girls.  Gymboree is a great shopping spot *thank goodness* as is Crazy 8.  I happened to find this outfits via Amazon.  The one with the bow is by Nautica and the adorable purple outfit is from Lipstick and is also on Amazon.

The rain boots are just a MUST!  I love these from Amazon....no I'm not getting paid to promote Amazon I just love to browse their stuff!!!  However, if they want to shell out some free stuff I'm ready!  Anyhoo, since our yard is going to be a mud hole for a while and we have potential for snow these are awesome for my girl.  I also love the colors.

The sneakers are Puma.  I had a pair of Pumas a long time ago and I remember how comfy they felt.  My child is shoe tying deficient at the moment so I really want her to have a no tie (to save my sanity).  

Clothes, shoes, Barbie?  Who could really ask for more?

Yes, perhaps you.  Perhaps you have a spending limit.  I'm all for you baby doll check this out:


BOOKS!  My child LOVES books (woo hoo).  I picked up a copy of the Dork Diaries during the Walmart Black Friday Sale.  In the course of the past week she discovered she loved some Babymouse books so....I hope to find a few of those.
If you want to be frugal you should totally go to Goodwill and second hand book stores.  So many books are in great condition and can save you tons of money!  
A little birdie told me they were giving Diva a Kindle for Christmas.  Last year we purchased Nooks and that was a huge mistake.  They were truly pieces of junk.  I will not go into all the details but lets just say they would work for a day then totally die and need a factory reset....like every three days folks.
Many kids have tablets these days and an easy gift is a gift card for them to spend on BOOKS, games, etc.

As you know my little lady wants a French inspired bedroom (which I am working on this week).  She has her heart set on an Eiffle Tower somewhere in her room.  I found this one on (guess) Amazon for just under $8.  Let's be honest I could use that even after her love affair with Paris is over.
I felt Barbie and France just went together....I don't know why. 
That Barbie you see is the new one that allows you to style her hair.  My daughter loves playing with hair and being a girly girl so I feel like this is THE Barbie for her.
Another love my kid has is drawing.  She loves to write stories and do illustrations to go along with her stories.  I like this set of drawing for beginners (yes found on Amazon).  I love Crayola but I think it would be great to deviate this year.

My daughter will have a television in her room when we move back in.  We decided to allow her to have one with one little agreement - no Directv allowed.  She'll have a DVD player but nothing else.  I don't want her glued to a t.v. folks.  She's already glued enough as it is and I'm not a fan of that.  A few movies she would like to have include:  Frozen, The Lego Movie, Monster High, My Little Ponies, etc.

Ok there it is....my girl's list combed through to try to help you as you do your shopping for a special little lady in your world!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!