Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hiccups







On Friday night while I was primering the walls of the house. I found it a little funny that a job that involved 3.25 rooms and a spot in the hallway was morphing into a big beast.

Our hallway is a nightmare.  On one side you have the stairs leading you up (fifteen of them, I'm jealous of split levels now!) and the other side is straight wall.  About 12 feet, if not more, of wall.  I didn't want to paint that.  I paid to have it all painted last year.

But that was last year.

While surveying the expanse of what I had to repaint, I got a text from my very close friend A.  She has been living with her in-laws for a year now while her house was being built.  The house is all but finished and they were looking forward to possibly spending their first night in there last night.  She was excited and ready!  Who wouldn't be?

Her text said that her floors were basically ruined and that there had a been a leak.  There would be no moving in on Saturday.  There would be carpenters and plumbers working.

Standing in my primer glory all I could think was....just a hiccup.  I remembered how another friend had told me just this week her floors were ruined in her new house and they were facing moving out to fix them all.

Moving out when everything is placed and comfortable.

I stood there looking at the additional paint costs I was going to have and thought....just a hiccup.  I'm not living in my house yet and neither is A.  We can get all the problems fixed and hopefully have some smooth sailing in our near futures.  (Of course being terminally indebted to Lowes all the while...)

Life is full of hiccups and we have to decide whether they will break us or just annoy us for a while.  Every one of us is destined to get a case in this life and some of us more times than others.  What I have learned though?  The hiccups are temporary, we adjust as necessary, then they go away.  They will return again, sometime, when you least expect it.  Since you've had them before you know better how to handle them and to be strong because they will cease again.

Whatever hiccup you have in your life right now - I hope you'll understand it is only temporary.  Pain will not last forever, uneasiness will subside, fear cannot consume you.

You were made to withstand life's little punches and you'll get through it.  Never see the cup as half empty - its always half full and if you'll be strong and keep moving on it will eventually start overflowing.





1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!