Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cold Thoughts



Monday was a cold day in NC.

I was working around the house.  With no power that means I didn't have heat.  Inside it was 41 degrees.  I had a on long johns and my regular clothes and a nice warm coat.  I had determination and drive...work hard, ignore the cold and it will pay off.

Later in the day it began to rain.  Doesn't it seem like rain makes things colder?

I started thinking as I scraped the walls of the house.

I am so blessed.

I had on warm clothes.  Though they were dirty they were warm - no holes to let the chill in.

I had on an appropriate coat for a thirty something degree day.  The wind could hit me but not my core.

I had a home.  Though its not livable right now it is mine and we will be back in it.

I had a meal to eat.  While I was working I became quite hungry.  I knew I could go over to my mom's and get one of my snacks and get back to work.  I didn't have to worry about food.

I had a shower awaiting me after I was finished.  I could wipe off the grime and warm up in the water.

I had a bed to sleep in.  Not a cot or sleeping bag or makeshift recycled system.  A real bed with blankets in a climate controlled home.

I had and have drive and determination to keep working hard and without rest to get back the normalcy I lost.  I haven't lost my faith.

I am so blessed.  My cards could have fell any way possible on the table but all in all I was dealt a great hand.  The bad stuff that has happened hasn't been anything compared to those who live on streets and in structures that aren't safe.  The bad stuff isn't a drop in the bucket compared to families hiding that they don't have heat and single parents who are turned away from an overflow shelter. I haven't lost knowing that I am not alone - ever.  I haven't fell into the dark hole of forgetting that as long as I keep my faith and give my burdens to the One who tells me to I'll always be okay.  We weren't meant to live life in the cold.  We were meant to bring the warmth of light to those who need it most.

I am so incredibly blessed.  I am so incredibly aware.  And if you're reading this....I pray you feel the warmth and light I'm trying to pass along to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!