Friday, December 5, 2014

Making A List!!! Home Edition



Ummm here's my ?Christmas? List for this year.

I think maybe I'm wrapping my mind around house warming a little more than the typical things I'd like for Christmas.

Don't get me wrong I love the idea of whirled peas but ummmm....ok here it is!

Keurig -

Guys let me just be honest with you.  I had a regular issue Keurig and it was fun.  However, after a while I realized it wasn't for me - a super obsessed coffee drinker.  I can drink a pot or two a day and translate that to K- Cups, you have a yield of a very expensive habit.

When the house went <insert fart noise> I sold some of the stuff in the house that I felt I didn't want to pack up and could be used by someone else (more effectively) so one of the first things to go was the Keurig (for $30, yeah that's a great deal).

Then I saw this a few weeks ago....

View 1


It is the Keurig 2.0 K450 Brewing System (available at keurig.com) - you have the best of both worlds.  A single serve option (which does indeed come in handy) and a carafe, 4 cup option, which would solve my coffee pot side.  The only catch is I'm used to 12 cups and...OK so maybe I need to reduce my volume of coffee intake?  

Target-

I'm not sure what glasses and mugs I have anymore.  Isn't that a bit sad?  I remember my mugs but nothing else (see the first item listed for explanation).  I LOVE glassware but with a seven and two year old that doesn't make much sense.

Room Essentials Bubble Tumbler Set of 8



I love these tumblers from Target.com - heavy duty plastic.


Another kitchen item I used to have that I wish I still did is a toaster oven.  Anybody else ever relied on a toaster oven?  Those things are fabulous.  Mine just died one day - it was sad.  I found this Oster at Target that I really like a lot.

Oster 6 Slice Convection Toaster Oven
They really beat firing up the traditional oven for quick meals.

Michael's -

Our front porch has quite a large open wall.  I had contemplated refinishing a piece of furniture for that spot but lets be honest....I'm like a crack head right now, I want a quick fix.  Ok, no that came out a bit wrong.  I want a classic, smart, time tested quick fix.

One thing that is classic style is the grapevine wreath.  I would love to get an extra large one to put in this area.



The largest I found was at Michael's unless you order from egrapevinestore.com - you can get larger ones.

JCPenney -

When I was registering for my bridal showers (a few thousand years ago) I discovered the best towels were at Linens N Things (which is now out of business) and J C Penney (which is still struggling to stay around).  I love good towels.  You know the kind that do not fray after a month and the kind that last until your kids birth their third babies.

JCPenney Home™ 6-pc. Bath Towel SetJCPenney Home™ Quick-Dri™ 6-pc. Towel Set
OK not in pink or red or whatever that is.  But anyhoo --- here are JCP's house-brands and these are fantastic towels.  I love them both (regular and quick dry).

Bed Bath and Beyond

I also need towels for my kitchen.  I received some great ones (back when I was getting married, eons ago) that held up wonderfully!  They came from Bed Bath and Beyond.  I'd love to have more and you just need to try them out as well.

image of Kitchensmart® Kitchen Towels and Pot Holdersimage of Kitchensmart® Kitchen Towels and Pot Holdersimage of Kitchensmart® Kitchen Towels and Pot Holdersimage of Kitchensmart® Kitchen Towels and Pot Holdersimage of Kitchensmart® Kitchen Towels and Pot Holders

I kinda like these.  I also need to remember that I need some oven mits.

Well I guess I got a bit carried away....um yep that's me!


What's on your home Christmas list?  I'd love for you to share!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!